Raiders sign WR John Brown

oakdb36

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Woo woo 1k yds guaranteed! Superb redzone threat. 

Maybe we can grab Tommylee Lewis and trade Gabe to Cleveland for Jojo Natson.

Fly routes all day long, baby!

ronjon1990 with the optimism!!!  This is what I'm here for.  This is what this forum should be about!!!  YESSS!

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Isn't this what Ruggs was drafted for?

Right position, couldn't find a WR to compliment what they have?

Similar player to Agholor? I agree he is what we drafted Ruggs for but it seems Gruden wants two burners similar to KC. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's not bad at all. Was on pace for 2 straight 1k seasons most likely, 3 straight over 700 yds. 

My only issue with him is his size and injury history. 

Unless we hired Graham Harrell or Mike Leach, he's just another undersized deep threat we won't utilize properly. 

For all of the reasons people didn't want John Ross, Brown is basically a smaller, older, more expensive, more dinged up, but a bit more productive John Ross. 

A much more productive John Ross.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

He is definitly a better value than signing Agholor but Agholor played at a starters level last year.  John Brown is a WR 4.  If you watch him last year something is off.  He could not handle the throws from Allen either.  If he gets back to where he was 2 years ago it is a steal but after last year we should have waited and signed him for less.  Gruden trying to prove he is the smartest guy in the room.  I would have given him a contract at the vet minimum with more incentives.  Not the type of deal I like to see on day 3.

Lol.  

Fine with this. Happy to trust the young guns and bring in a cheap vet. I have no problem with trusting Gruden to find WRs to play his system and expect more of a contribution with the guys we have. Much prefer to spend the money on defense.

Now if only we hadn’t just made a load of holes on the oline, I would’ve been quite optimistic that we could be at least comparable on O and then focus all our attention on D.