Cardinals sign WR AJ Green (1 year, $8.5M, $6M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Idk I kind of like this pick up. Solid guy opposite of DHop, moves Kirk to the slot. This isn’t like a world beater move but 6M isn’t a bad move to try and revive a career. Like is 50-60 catches, 600-700 yards possible? I think that’s a decent possibility and a good upgrade for us at WR2

The sad part is that those numbers WOULD be an upgrade at WR2. Even if it's the decrepit version of Green, that would be a big boost to this receiving group.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

The sad part is that those numbers WOULD be an upgrade at WR2. Even if it's the decrepit version of Green, that would be a big boost to this receiving group.

What I would say the biggest thing here is that AJ Green moves Christian Kirk to a more natural position in the slot. I think AJ giving us that will bring more production out of Kirk, which in turn gives us a much better receiving core just because pieces are where they are supposed to be 

56 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

What I would say the biggest thing here is that AJ Green moves Christian Kirk to a more natural position in the slot. I think AJ giving us that will bring more production out of Kirk, which in turn gives us a much better receiving core just because pieces are where they are supposed to be 

I would hope so. But Hopkins' presence on the field was supposed to have that ladder effect, too. Hopkins was going to be a #1 WR that consistently won matchups. That part worked out. But his presence was supposed to give Kirk and Larry easier matchups, thereby making them better. Both regressed.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

I would hope so. But Hopkins' presence on the field was supposed to have that ladder effect, too. Hopkins was going to be a #1 WR that consistently won matchups. That part worked out. But his presence was supposed to give Kirk and Larry easier matchups, thereby making them better. Both regressed.

I think Larry regressed quite a bit, which is the main reason for that not working out. And Kirk has never been an outside receiver, just been an awkward fit. 

9 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Would be weird to dog it with a guy like Burrow. Didn’t affect Boyd/Higgins.

Not really that weird to me cause he was disgruntled and losing and hurt a while. Didn't affect Boyd as much because he just got that extension in his prime and Higgins was a rookie 2nd round pick that is trying to establish himself in the league.