John Elway in the 80s was the Jim Carrey of football

NeptunePenguins

Jim Carrey carried that Sonic movie to success. There were no good actors or actresses in that movie at all but him. The other actors/actresses were HORRIFIC, yet that movie was great because of ONE man. He is one of the greatest actors of all-time and had the best carry job of any actor ever. I am asking if John Elway in the 1980s was viewed like Jim Carrey is viewed today? In that he carried many teams/movies to success that had nothing without him. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I have not seen Sonic yet so I didn't know he was in it. Had I, I would have 100% included him in it as well.

He's the voice of Sonic.

I just saw it for the first time last week - my daughter saw it on Hulu/Starz, so I figured it could be a good distraction.

It's actually a really good movie. I liked it and my daughter wants to watch it daily. Unintended benefit - Queen's Don't Stop Me Now was a song in the movie, and that led us down a Queen path on YouTube. 

That was fun, I'm beyond excited my daughter likes Queen.

• Like 3

To be fair, this is a jab at Dan Marino more than anything. As someone I know said Jim Carrey was the best thing about the films he is in and carries the cast often, so that means Dan Marino was carried. I haven't seen the movie those two were in so I can't comment on Marino's acting abilities. Fine QB for certain though.