Cooley Film Breakdown vs. 49ers

turtle28

5 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

He did?  you mean he drafted Cousins, Trent, Moses, Thompson, Kerrigan, etc?  Ok 

No but he signed Norman, Rob Kelley, Quinton Dunbar, Mason Foster and Ty Nsheke. He drafted Spaight, Fuller, Ioannidis, Smith, Crowder and Scherff. That's not a bad haul for two years worth of work. He wasn't perfect but he sure as hell wasnt chopped liver either. And if Doctson continues progressing and turns into a stud then his two years here with the exception of Matt Jones would be a smashing success. 

The Cravens picks is a black mark if you really want to put that on him but I don't see how that's fair? When Cravens played he was a stand out and what happened to Jarrett, another good draft choice, can't be put on him either. One guy decided to retire and the other suffered a freak-career ending injury. I'd say Scot and Shanny both deserve a lot of credit for where this roster is. 

39 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Very confused to why Niles Paul isn't in the receiving end . He went from taking Reed spot for a while to being a back up to a FB?

he needs more playing time 

He plays both HB aka the TE who’s not on the line of scrimmage and full back. Basically, he’s Reed’s back up and he’s a full back but we barely use one. There’s not any more playing time available for him.

21 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Man watching the 49 get run out of their own stadium by the cowboys,  it has me worried on why the hell we had this same team in our own stadium and we had to fight them tooth and nail to win.  They look like trash against the boys.

Mistakes. We had Davis fumble - which shouldn’t have been called a fumble - Kirk’s int and a blown coverage by Moreau which allowed them to get back into the game. If we don’t have those 2 turnovers and Moreau blow his coverage which allowed the Aldrick Robinson TD, we probably win 36 to 10, which should have been 37 but our kicker was hurt and missed an extra point.

On 10/20/2017 at 6:29 PM, lavar703 said:

No but he signed Norman, Rob Kelley, Quinton Dunbar, Mason Foster and Ty Nsheke. He drafted Spaight, Fuller, Ioannidis, Smith, Crowder and Scherff. That's not a bad haul for two years worth of work. He wasn't perfect but he sure as hell wasnt chopped liver either. And if Doctson continues progressing and turns into a stud then his two years here with the exception of Matt Jones would be a smashing success. 

The Cravens picks is a black mark if you really want to put that on him but I don't see how that's fair? When Cravens played he was a stand out and what happened to Jarrett, another good draft choice, can't be put on him either. One guy decided to retire and the other suffered a freak-career ending injury. I'd say Scot and Shanny both deserve a lot of credit for where this roster is. 

you know what?  Yea you right, that is a very nice haul.  Still lets not forget Shanny also had a decent haul.  And damn it I wish we have kept Morris.  He would be helping the running game so much right now.

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Mistakes. We had Davis fumble - which shouldn’t have been called a fumble - Kirk’s int and a blown coverage by Moreau which allowed them to get back into the game. If we don’t have those 2 turnovers and Moreau blow his coverage which allowed the Aldrick Robinson TD, we probably win 36 to 10, which should have been 37 but our kicker was hurt and missed an extra point.

Too many ifs there Turtle.  Lets not play the if game.  Bottom line is we all had to visit the restroom right after that INT to end the game, and some may never have made it to the bathroom...LOL

44 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Too many ifs there Turtle.  Lets not play the if game.  Bottom line is we all had to visit the restroom right after that INT to end the game, and some may never have made it to the bathroom...LOL

Literally if the refs just do their job correctly and Moreau doesn't blow a coverage we win by 2 or 3 scores. I'm not talking about a lot of "ifs" I'm talking about 2 or 3 plays.

Archived