Jayon is back!!!

ttitansfan4life

This is great news! Saw him gone as well, guess that the market just wasn't there for him. Smart business decision not to tag him, let him test the waters and get him back on a cheap 1-year deal.

Things are shaping out better than expected, honestly. If we can get John Brown at WR somehow, we're set to wait for the Draft, I think.

Just now, Andrei01 said:

This is great news! Saw him gone as well, guess that the market just wasn't there for him. Smart business decision not to tag him, let him test the waters and get him back on a cheap 1-year deal.

Things are shaping out better than expected, honestly. If we can get John Brown at WR somehow, we're set to wait for the Draft, I think.

He signed with Vegas 

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still wouldn’t hesitate to draft an ILB in the middle rounds. 

Yeah.  We need a developmental guy to be the heir apparent after Evans.

I think people overreact to Evans having one bad season.  He was looking like an ascending player before that, and is in a contract year.  I think, at worst, he's a serviceable ILB next season, and someone we don't have to replace right now, but we will after this year.

But it's not like even last year he, by himself, was so bad that he can't be used, especially with Brown back and Long developing nicely.  I say play him at ILB, try him out at Edge in some sub packages, see how it works, and draft a potential replacement in the middle rounds.

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  We need a developmental guy to be the heir apparent after Evans.

I think people overreact to Evans having one bad season.  He was looking like an ascending player before that, and is in a contract year.  I think, at worst, he's a serviceable ILB next season, and someone we don't have to replace right now, but we will after this year.

But it's not like even last year he, by himself, was so bad that he can't be used, especially with Brown back and Long developing nicely.  I say play him at ILB, try him out at Edge in some sub packages, see how it works, and draft a potential replacement in the middle rounds.

I personally doubt that they are ready to walk away from Evans.

But also, ILB is arguably one the most league-ready positions anyway. A mid-round prospect could be plugged in much more easily than most other positions, looking back on is history. So even if we were to go into next offseason with both Evans and Brown gone, which I doubt, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Edited by Andrei01

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I personally doubt that they are ready to walk away from Evans.

But also, ILB is arguably one the most league-ready positions anyway. A mid-round prospect could be plugged in much more easily than most other positions, looking back on is history. So even if we were to go into next offseason with both Evans and Brown gone, which I doubt, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Agreed. Plus, this ILB class is pretty deep with developmental talent, and Robinson has been good at drafting mid to late round LBs so far.