Raiders sign DL Solomon Thomas (1 year, $5M)

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Were else is he going to play but base end.  Either he or Ferrell need to put on 15-20 pounds and play 3T.  Neither one is a LEO and we have Yannick and Crosby already.

I really, really liked this guy coming out but always thought he'd be better as a smaller DT. The thing is, he plays with good leverage and us very strong but lacks the bend, speed and acceleration on the edge. He can do a job maybe as the big base end but I feel putting him inside he will be quick for guards and he's probably strong enough to hold the PoA against most. Really nice signing, not too expensive but it doesn't tie us down either.

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really, really liked this guy coming out but always thought he'd be better as a smaller DT. The thing is, he plays with good leverage and us very strong but lacks the bend, speed and acceleration on the edge. He can do a job maybe as the big base end but I feel putting him inside he will be quick for guards and he's probably strong enough to hold the PoA against most. Really nice signing, not too expensive but it doesn't tie us down either.

even If we is a rotation interior pass rush, that's a big win. Maliek Collins signed a 1y 6m, rather have Thomas is it's a 1y 5m deal. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

not 5 million dollar backup

Well I’m guessing your said this when “up to” wasn’t part of the title.

but up to could mean 2.5M with 2.5m In incentives.  It all depends what the actual deal is.... but if it’s >3M and Solomon is used correctly he could actually be a good signing.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayocks #2 "edge" behind garrett. I agree he's more of an inside rusher/5 tech type. Let's see if he does anything in camp. Not expecting too much but he deserves a shot somewhere.

Also high on Mayock's list for that year: Desmond King, Adoree Jackson.

My buddy is a diehard titans fan. Hates both guys.