Vikings sign CB Patrick Peterson

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, vikings209 said:

I'm meh about this signing. Maybe under Zimmer he get back to where he was a couple of years ago.

Can’t be any worse than Xavier Rhodes in 2019. I’m hoping Zimmer can resurrect his career like he did with Terrence Newman. Peterson had a pretty down year last season but hopefully he can bounce back. If he can return to his 2018 form, then we’ll be alright. 

Just now, Purplepride323 said:

Can’t be any worse than Xavier Rhodes in 2019. I’m hoping Zimmer can resurrect his career like he did with Terrence Newman. Peterson had a pretty down year last season but hopefully he can bounce back. If he can return to his 2018 form, then we’ll be alright. 

Saw something a few minutes ago saying he hasn't allowed a hundred yards in a game since 2015. That already is better than what we were last year.

Thread title gets an F for lack of creativity. Something like "Peterson Coming to Minnesota" or "Vikes Get Peterson" would've been far better.

I like the move. I was worried when we had no veterans last year on the roster, with our oldest CB being Boyd at 24.

I hope he brings the young guys under his wing.

Just now, Kparty15 said:

Chandler Jones only played in 5 games last year for the Cardinals.  So they were seriously lacking a pass rush.  Perhaps that is part of the reason for Petersons down year.

Won’t be any better here unless they can make Hunter happy or get an edge rusher at 14.

• Like 1

Don’t like this signing much, he’s past his prime and took up the last big chunk of money we had. 

I’d rather have went for Adoree Jackson or bring back Mack Alexander. 

To me this looks like a signing from a GM that knows his job is on the line. 

Just now, Eric dunn said:

Don’t like this signing much, he’s past his prime and took up the last big chunk of money we had. 

It’s a boom or bust signing. With limited commitment. I’m all for that at this point. Jackson can’t stay healthy and Alexander seems limited to the slot.   

Just now, Eric dunn said:

I completely disagree.  This “less good” version of Patrick Peterson is still probably the best CB that the Vikings have ever rostered.  Sure he isn’t as fast as he used to be, but that is still faster than Rhodes ever was.  He still has all of his instincts and just needs a consistent pass rush to shine.

• Like 1