Vikings sign CB Patrick Peterson

RaidersAreOne

Even if you get a limited version of Peterson, getting him, Tomlinson and having Barr, Pierce and maybe Hunter back will be huge for our defense.

I think our focus stays on the defense continuing with free agency and the draft. Last year has Zimmer mad and I think he's too proud to let all his work go to waste.

Getting excited for 2021! Skol!

19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Even if you get a limited version of Peterson, getting him, Tomlinson and having Barr, Pierce and maybe Hunter back will be huge for our defense.

I think our focus stays on the defense continuing with free agency and the draft. Last year has Zimmer mad and I think he's too proud to let all his work go to waste.

Getting excited for 2021! Skol!

I’m fine with the defensive heavy approach. I just hope they supplement that with a really good OL at 14 and do what it takes to keep Hunter happy. I’d be content spending most every pick in rounds 3 and 4 on defense too, save for maybe another Guard and WR.

• Like 1

This is unbelievable news!    Love it!   Peterson seems like the Darrel Green, Charles and Rod Wooson type who'll be able to play until 36 or so - and at a high level.   

Torally agree with the sentiments of revitalize the D so far, and build the OLine in the draft.    They keep plugging these holes and they just might draft a QB on day 2.   

2 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

This is unbelievable news!    Love it!   Peterson seems like the Darrel Green, Charles and Rod Wooson type who'll be able to play until 36 or so - and at a high level.   

Torally agree with the sentiments of revitalize the D so far, and build the OLine in the draft.    They keep plugging these holes and they just might draft a QB on day 2.   

They have successfully drafted zero OL past round 2 under this regime. So, it's going to be difficult. 

• Like 1

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

What is your point?  What does that have to do with Peterson? I honestly don't get your post. 

You said it’s real money. I’m saying it’s a veteran on a pretty average deal for the going price. Our CB’s at one time were Chris Jones and Cordea Tankersely who wouldn’t even had jobs last year if our DB room wasn’t just destroyed.

Peterson barely misses games, 3 time all pro, 30 years old, hasn’t let up a 100 yard game since 2015.

is he what he was? Probably not. 

basically my point is for his price, it’s probably worth at least a couple points a game.