Vikings sign CB Patrick Peterson

RaidersAreOne

This could turn out to be a VERY good signing.  I agree with Patrick Peterson when he says this Vikings team is loaded.  They could use an effective pass rusher, and another offensive lineman, but other than that, they are looking very good.  I predicted 12 wins for them in 2021 and see no reason why that won't be the case at this point.

• Like 2

Spielman:  “I also know that he has a lot of football left. I know he has a lot to prove to a lot of people. He didn’t have anything to prove to us.”

Peterson, who played 10 years in Arizona, also believes he has a lot left. He told reporters on Monday that he has envisioned playing 16 seasons.

Peterson explained that he was attracted to Minnesota by coach Mike Zimmer, given his ability to advance the careers of defensive backs. Still, Peterson said he never envisioned himself playing for a team other than the Cardinals.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/vikings-patrick-peterson-deal-came-together-quickly/

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This could turn out to be a VERY good signing.  I agree with Patrick Peterson when he says this Vikings team is loaded.  They could use an effective pass rusher, and another offensive lineman, but other than that, they are looking very good.  I predicted 12 wins for them in 2021 and see no reason why that won't be the case at this point.

At minimum, Minnesota should be a playoff team in 2021. If we do well this draft I see us taking the North.

*This is my serious prediction lol

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:47 AM, gopherwrestler said:

I forgot about the suspension. Honestly I have always “liked” it. It’s more along the lines of “loving” it. 

positive side, last time he went up against Devante Adams and Aaron Rodgers, he didn’t let up 100 yards.... 93 yards and a TD. I’m also looking at box scores, so who knows how long he was on him. 

either way, adding another HOF caliber player to a defense, two years younger than Harrison Smith, can’t hurt development of the young guys.

Think of what his observations, tips, and demonstrations could do for Cameron Dantzler, Jeff Gladney, Harrison Hand, Justin Jefferson, and Besi Johnson.  This would be better than hiring an individual "coach" for each of them during camp and the pre-season because: (1) Peterson will not only be there to work with them before the season, but all through it, and (2) who better to teach them but one of the very best at his position, at the end of his career, after he's amassed all the knowledge he'll have from a long career, and after he's had so much experience dealing with people that he's wise about how to deal with them, and if we're lucky, how to get his point across to people with different ways of responding to teachers, or people trying to help.   Personally, I think this will be $9 million well spent.  Maybe he can have 2 good years for The Vikings being a decent quality CB, and the 2 more as a safety?

On 3/18/2021 at 6:47 AM, gopherwrestler said:

I forgot about the suspension. Honestly I have always “liked” it. It’s more along the lines of “loving” it. 

positive side, last time he went up against Devante Adams and Aaron Rodgers, he didn’t let up 100 yards.... 93 yards and a TD. I’m also looking at box scores, so who knows how long he was on him. 

either way, adding another HOF caliber player to a defense, two years younger than Harrison Smith, can’t hurt development of the young guys.

• Like 1

Ronnie Lott was an All-Pro CB who converted to Safety and was probably even better at that position than CB.  Of course, not many DB's in the history of the NFL are as talented and driven as Ronnie Lott.

49 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Ronnie Lott was an All-Pro CB who converted to Safety and was probably even better at that position than CB.  Of course, not many DB's in the history of the NFL are as talented and driven as Ronnie Lott.

He must have only played about 3-4 years at CB correct. Losing that Pinky had to hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, marshpit23 said:

Watched the whole thing. Great to see his personality and relationship with Pat P. Love his game and like him as a person. Definitely worth the watch if you have the time. 

I love how they both spoke about Harrison Hand. Seems like we might have found a good player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Harrison Smith is like the coolest freaking dude, he is like the definition of cool.  Peterson is quite a character, I did not know that he has an engaging personality for sure. 

Ihmir Smith Marsette funniest dude on the Vikings, interesting apparently has a ton of confidence and they also said Kris Boyd is pretty funny.