Who Dey Gameday? Bengals @ Steelers Week 7 GDT

43M

Image result for steelers vs bengals

ZfO7fwz.png

5 Questions That Will Be Answered in this Game....

1.  Can the Steelers Run away with the AFC North?

BrownA10_vs_Indianapolis_12062015.jpg

Over the last 4 or 5 years, it seems like every time the Steelers are in position to either dominate a game or run away with the division, they choke.    That is a direct reflection IMO of the leadership and coaching.     Not that its all on them, but when it happens time after time, and alot of our slip ups are against teams we should easily beat, you have to take a hard look at the top.    This team isnt perfect and I dont expect us to never slip up, but the lack of consistency in games like this annoys the crap out of me, as Im sure it does all Steeler fans. 

2.  Is the Steelers defense legit?

gkA3qm9.jpg

I still don't know what to make of this defense.    There are inarguably some vulnerabilities, especially in our secondary, but at times, it looks like it is capable of at least being decent.    Joe Haden IMO...TO THIS POINT, seems to have been a very nice addition.    Im sure he will get beat a few times....maybe even this week vs AJ Green (depending who he lines up against), but he has definitely been an upgrade to Cockrell thus far.     The pass rush has been good, but I still want to see TJ and Dupree finish some more.   Watt is still learning, but I was hoping this would be a breakout year for Bud, and thus far, he is too up and down, especially in the run game.     This question may not be answered definitively this week, but if it can put together another good performance, I might have more confidence in them going forward.   Right now, its just an inconsistent unit that is OCCASIONALLY CAPABLE of playing well....not a truly great or even good defense.   

3.   Who are the Cincinnati Bengals?   

Who_Dey_Banner.jpg

IMO, the Bengals are the biggest potential threats in our division.   The Ravens are too banged up and simply lack talent in key areas and the Browns are, well....ya know.     Since firing their old offensive coordinator, the Bengals have been playing better, but they still arent a great team.    Their OLine is mediocre at best and we should be able to dominate the line of scrimmage on defense.    However, this Bengals team does have enough talent to make our lives difficult, especially if we arent playing at our best.     

4.  Big Ben or Little Ben?

bdde4d998726c9e2d171f011e31600aa--cincin

Ben IMO is the key to this game.   He is the key to most games.   Not that Leveon isnt a huge factor, but I think the Bengals will key in on stopping the run game and force Ben to beat them.   In the past, that wouldnt be a problem.   This year, however, Ben has looked off.   Even vs the Chiefs, while he was better, he still wasnt where we need him to be.   Cannot count on deflected passes that go for TDs and Bell running for 175 yards every week.    This Bengals secondary is okay, but with our weapons, we should be able to keep them off balance and tear them up.

5.  Should Steeler fans be excited?

steelers-fans.jpg

This team is so aggravating.   They are like that brother who comes through for you alot, but lets you down just as much.     This team needs to stop messing around and find some consistency.   The last 2 weeks are indicative of what i mean.   They get blasted at home by a middling Jacksonville team, but then largely dominate arguably the best team in football.     Tomlin isnt a great coach, but he is good enough to get the job done, especially in bigger games.   However, his inability to learn from past mistakes continues to cost us.    This team needs to be better prepared for games that arent super important like this one.    Prepare for every game like its do or die, because thats when we are at our best.

karen-mcdougal-6.jpg

lacey7.jpg

Hot_7e735d_1336655.jpg

Brunettes>>>Blondes

46 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think we're about to see a lot more of McDonald... really love his blocking..hope we keep him around the next few yrs

He's looked really great as a blocker. Sort of like a faster Matt Spaeth. I think he will come into his own in the passing game after the bye. He's super athletic and Ben loves working down the seams to TE's. 

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's looked really great as a blocker. Sort of like a faster Matt Spaeth. I think he will come into his own in the passing game after the bye. He's super athletic and Ben loves working down the seams to TE's. 

yep...would love to see him run in open space.. he can get YAC yards.. would love to see those TE screen plays go to him instead of jesse(who I still like) but vance has the ability to get a extra 10-15 yards.. with his blocking/athletic ability to get splash plays...I can live with the drops .. would like to see us keep him around after this yr for depth

32 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

@FourThreeMafia ... sorry bud but while I enjoyed them lots you must come up with new pics of hotties.  They must be *wearing* a top or bottom.  No g-string bottom.  Thanks... look forward to seeing more.  

Otherwise Great GDT as expected.  

SLJ.gif

Bell and Brown, as great as they are, are what's wrong with this offense. Too much flows through them. Particularly in the case of Brown. And I feel that some of his miscues on Sunday very well may have been intentional because that's not the returner that I'm used and the guy who stops his route isn't the route runner I'm used to. I never thought Bell was running softly despite the contract dispute.

Regardless, too much flows through two guys right now. And as great as they both are individually, particularly Brown, that just can't happen. You won't win a Super Bowl that way. The Patriots, even when they had dominant talent, were better at maximizing it while making the most of their role players. This offense needs the passing attack to get on track. New England's not going anywhere, and their defense is going to recover. Even if it didn't, it would still limit this Steelers team to single digit points. And the defensive improvement, while nice, isn't enough. KC isn't beating NE in a playoff game, and I don't see anyone else to get the job done this year. It's not going to be KC.

This is almost a reverse of the early Ben led Steelers in some ways. Or just a parallel. A lot of what Bell does is just simply because of the passing game. But we see stupid stats thrown about like when Bell has x carries the Steelers are like undefeated. Bell isn't even the same guy he was a few years ago, and many of his reps in the passing game are wasted because there isn't even a legitimate threat of passes. His route running isn't that great, and he has lost explosiveness. Never had long speed even after the weight loss.

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hi guys.  How are things?

Not bad.  I'm expecting a great game this Sunday.  Like others, I regard the Bengals as the only obstacle to Steelers domination of the North.  I think the Bengals will be tough to beat.  Hope I'm wrong, though.

Will Burfict get himself in more trouble?  How has he been playing since his return?  Bengals Offense has been much better... will AJ have a big game as usual?  Can we shut down Mixon and co. like we did Hunt?  

One of my 11 yr old football players (and wrestlers) I coach is getting a chance to be an honorary captain for the game so look for a little kid in a Red jersey.  

1 hour ago, JDLefebvre said:

Will Burfict get himself in more trouble?  How has he been playing since his return?  Bengals Offense has been much better... will AJ have a big game as usual?  Can we shut down Mixon and co. like we did Hunt?  

One of my 11 yr old football players (and wrestlers) I coach is getting a chance to be an honorary captain for the game so look for a little kid in a Red jersey.  

I rather focus on stopping AJ.  In the pass game if you take him away they don't have much else.  If Mixon gets 100 on us, I rather have that.

Archived