Browns re-sign WR Rashard Higgins

sdrawkcab321

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good move for everyone.

Higgins get to come back and play with Baker, who he obviously connects with, and then renegotiate next year when the cap rises.

Hell, by then we may be looking to sign him to a longer deal if we move on from OBJ or Juice.

It's his 6th year in the league  he is approaching the later part of his career, especially with his athletic ability. 

Financially his career has been worth while, nfl pension and career earnings around 4-6 million.

Over the next 2-3 drafts I hope we replace obj, higgins and landry completely. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's his 6th year in the league  he is approaching the later part of his career, especially with his athletic ability. 

Financially his career has been worth while, nfl pension and career earnings around 4-6 million.

Over the next 2-3 drafts I hope we replace obj, higgins and landry completely. 

Yeah when I say extend I mean a 2-3 year deal, maybe in the 10-15 million range with a decent season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good move for everyone.

Higgins get to come back and play with Baker, who he obviously connects with, and then renegotiate next year when the cap rises.

Hell, by then we may be looking to sign him to a longer deal if we move on from OBJ or Juice.

I think both OBJ and Juice are gone when the contracts expire.  I won’t miss OBJ, but I hate to lose Landry.

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I think both OBJ and Juice are gone when the contracts expire.  I won’t miss OBJ, but I hate to lose Landry.

If I had to choose between them, Landry definitely would be my choice.

Landry is a fiery leader who makes big plays and plays through pain.

Beckham is an illusion, a ghost of what he once was.

34 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

They will be gone before that. Jarvis becomes a FA in ‘23 and OBJ becomes one in ‘24

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They will be gone before that. Jarvis becomes a FA in ‘23 and OBJ becomes one in ‘24

Why would the Browns not do everything in their power to extend Landry. OBJ I understand letting walk but Landry is a guy I would make a point to make be here long-term

• Like 1

OTC projected his value at 4 years 24 million. Even in a poor market this is a great value. I think it likely shows teams are more interested in athletic ability than production and he probably preferred to stay here a year than try to get a few more pennies going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

If I had to choose between them, Landry definitely would be my choice.

Landry is a fiery leader who makes big plays and plays through pain.

Beckham is an illusion, a ghost of what he once was.

It doesn’t happen often, but I agree with you here.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

OTC projected his value at 4 years 24 million. Even in a poor market this is a great value. I think it likely shows teams are more interested in athletic ability than production and he probably preferred to stay here a year than try to get a few more pennies going elsewhere.

The whole reciever market it has been depressed.

56 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Why wait for OBJ?

With the exception of the DAL game he has not done squat for us.

Dpj could be his replacement, he has shown flashes probably a year or two away, he didnt get many good reps at michigan.

If he isnt I'd like to spend a 2and on a guy to learn for a year behind, landry, obj, and battle higgins and dpj for reps. 

And I agree, obj has had two good games in the time he has been here, nyj and dallas.

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The whole reciever market it has been depressed.

Yeah it’s supposedly another great WR draft and it looks as though teams are going to be looking at cheap rookies at that position.

I’d expect that to change next year if the cap balloons up once teams start filling stadiums again.

As far as OBJ and Landry, they’re not both going to be here after this upcoming season imo.

I’ve long been on record as being behind moving on from OBJ now. I’m not saying OBJ is the sole cause of Baker’s struggles when they’re on the field together, but the night and day difference is hard to ignore.  I’d rather move him for pick/s, conditional picks in ‘22 would be fine, use some of the money saved on a guy like Perriman who can stretch the field and then draft a WR day 2 to develop.  The rest of the cash saved could go to the defense.

Landry is a different story.  He’s not dynamic or explosive or a 1300 yard guy who takes over games, etc, but he’s dependable, durable and has a connection with out QB.  He’s one of the driving forces behind the culture change.  I’m in no hurry for him to go anywhere.

That said, he and OBJ are besties and I can’t help but think you’d better be ready to move on from both if you move on from one.  I hope I’m wrong and Jarvis remains a true pro, but that would be a concern.  That’s one of the reasons I think it’s imperative to draft a WR relatively high this year.

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wow very cheap 

Absolute no brainer for that price.

It's hard to ignore the chemistry that he has with Baker, so I'm glad that they got a deal done.

He's a middle tier #3 WR in the NFL and strictly an outside the numbers guy. He struggles with major consistency when it comes to fumbling and has zero talent after the catch, but he's definitely great on 3rd downs in and surprisingly capable in the Red Zone.

What's interesting is that you have potentially our top 3 WR scheduled to be free agents in 2022 and 2023, so I will not be surprised to see the Browns look to draft some WR talent on D2 and beyond this year.

DPJ hopefully is a guy you can build around, and we are really hoping that Hooper and Bryant are the dudes going forward...but we're going to need other talent at the WR positions 2022 and beyond.