Browns re-sign WR Rashard Higgins

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Other teams missed out big time. One of the most dependable receivers we’ve had in a long time. I can’t remember the last time I seen him drop a pass

Incomplete Pass Information

Targets Drops Percent Caught Percent First Down
52 0 71.2

Must want to redeem himself for the “fumble” against the Chiefs. Love Hollywood. Hard to imagine he’ll be expensive this time next year either considering the amount of playmakers we have, so maybe we can get him to sign another team friendly deal in ‘22

1 minute ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Must want to redeem himself for the “fumble” against the Chiefs. Love Hollywood. Hard to imagine he’ll be expensive this time next year either considering the amount of playmakers we have, so maybe we can get him to sign another team friendly deal in ‘22

This offense is definitely not designed for any one player to get a ton of targets.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s reliable, but he’s probably nothing more than a 3rd or 4th receiver.

We saw how athletic, physical corners can absolutely eat his lunch (thinking of the Baltimore game).

Yeah. I love Higgins, but he's built to be a guy that can chew up zone defense. If you put a halfway decent man cover guy on him, he's washed out.

We desperately need a ht/wt/spd freak on this team that keeps teams from thinking about playing press man against us. Obviously DPJ has that kind of potential, but I'd like to double down and get an even bigger and faster guy (Tamorrion Terry) this year.  Even if the ht/wt/spd guy is limited, he keeps teams like the Chiefs on their toes and not wanting to play cover 0 all game long.

15 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah. I love Higgins, but he's built to be a guy that can chew up zone defense. If you put a halfway decent man cover guy on him, he's washed out.

We desperately need a ht/wt/spd freak on this team that keeps teams from thinking about playing press man against us. Obviously DPJ has that kind of potential, but I'd like to double down and get an even bigger and faster guy (Tamorrion Terry) this year.  Even if the ht/wt/spd guy is limited, he keeps teams like the Chiefs on their toes and not wanting to play cover 0 all game long.

I’ve wanted Perriman back since we let him walk.  He had a good connection with Baker and is the epitome of a deep threat.

If we can nab him cheap that’s a huge win imo.

The night and day difference with and without Odell is a coincidence. No offseason, new complex system. The offense was simplified after the injury. I feel a lot of people are going to eat their words when the guy lights it up this year

I've watched a few videos, Baker was just off early in the season whether it was inaccuracy or straight up not seeing Odell wide open.

Way too much is made of Baker improving after the injury and it being because there was no Odell on the field. The majority of it was just Baker wasn't settled in to the scheme and Stefanski needing time to cater the offense to Baker

EDIT

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/02/why-odell-beckham-jr-hasnt-worked-in-cleveland-and-other-burning-questions-the-tape-answers-film-review.html

It took me forever to find the article but I'd recommend taking the time to read it

Edited by TeHDruiD
Found the article

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent post Reggie 

What due you think about Schwartz wr Auburn for a burner in the 4th round

With how FA is shaping up, I think 4th round might be a little too high to go WR. In the middle rounds were much more likely to get some depth along the offensive line and defensive backfield IMO. Granted, if a big time player were to slip I could see us pulling the trigger on a WR at that spot but if we're trying to stay competitive at every position then I think we have to tip our cap towards positions we're a bit thinner. 

Tamorrion Terry is by far the most terrifying deep threat as far as picks outside of the first 2 rounds are concerned. The dude is a legit 6'4 1/2 and runs probably somewhere in the 4.3 range. Plus, the dude is surprisingly good after the catch given his size and vertical speed. Terry had a hilariously bad QB and supporting cast at FSU. But when you put on a highlight tape, it's eye-popping. The dude isn't Randy Moss obviously, but he does a lot of the same things that made Moss special. He's that kind of ht/wt/spd receiving threat. Unlike all of these shrimps that can run fast, Terry is big and actually plays big. I was expecting to see a WR that doesn't body guys or high point, but he's actually really good at both of those things. My only concern with him is that he runs an incredibly limited route tree (as he would here tho, tbh) and had some drops. Teams doubled him constantly and his production was nil, but that'll change when he plays on an offense with literally anything else. And if teams want to double Terry, great. Mission accomplished.