Browns re-sign WR Rashard Higgins

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

Tamorrion Terry is by far the most terrifying deep threat as far as picks outside of the first 2 rounds are concerned. The dude is a legit 6'4 1/2 and runs probably somewhere in the 4.3 range. Plus, the dude is surprisingly good after the catch given his size and vertical speed. Terry had a hilariously bad QB and supporting cast at FSU. But when you put on a highlight tape, it's eye-popping. The dude isn't Randy Moss obviously, but he does a lot of the same things that made Moss special. He's that kind of ht/wt/spd receiving threat. Unlike all of these shrimps that can run fast, Terry is big and actually plays big. I was expecting to see a WR that doesn't body guys or high point, but he's actually really good at both of those things. My only concern with him is that he runs an incredibly limited route tree (as he would here tho, tbh) and had some drops. Teams doubled him constantly and his production was nil, but that'll change when he plays on an offense with literally anything else. And if teams want to double Terry, great. Mission accomplished.

We keep hearing about how good/potentially special Terry is and then also that we can grab him in the fifth round onward--not computing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

The night and day difference with and without Odell is a coincidence. No offseason, new complex system. The offense was simplified after the injury. I feel a lot of people are going to eat their words when the guy lights it up this year

I've watched a few videos, Baker was just off early in the season whether it was inaccuracy or straight up not seeing Odell wide open.

Way too much is made of Baker improving after the injury and it being because there was no Odell on the field. The majority of it was just Baker wasn't settled in to the scheme and Stefanski needing time to cater the offense to Baker

EDIT

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/02/why-odell-beckham-jr-hasnt-worked-in-cleveland-and-other-burning-questions-the-tape-answers-film-review.html

It took me forever to find the article but I'd recommend taking the time to read it

I mean, maybe sure. Coincidence twice though?

Baker looked great his last half of his rookie year, really after Haley was gone. His last 8 games he was top 4 in passer rating iirc.

Looked like *** his whole second year.  Sure the scheme sucked, but they always looked out of sync.  OBJ rarely made a big play on his own.

last year rolls around, the same issues pop up.  OBJ goes down. Baker immediately completes like 23 straight passes and absolutely rolls the rest of the seasons save the couple games mid season played in 40mph winds and a monsoon.

Maybe I’ll eat my words.  But OBJ hasn’t been the ObJ people remember for almost 4 years.  At some point you have to stop trying to force something that just doesn’t work.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker looked great his last half of his rookie year, really after Haley was gone. His last 8 games he was top 4 in passer rating iirc.

Looked like *** his whole second year.  Sure the scheme sucked, but they always looked out of sync.  OBJ rarely made a big play on his own.

last year rolls around, the same issues pop up.  OBJ goes down. Baker immediately completes like 23 straight passes and absolutely rolls the rest of the seasons save the couple games mid season played in 40mph winds and a monsoon.

Maybe I’ll eat my words.  But OBJ hasn’t been the ObJ people remember for almost 4 years.  At some point you have to stop trying to force something that just doesn’t work.

I very well could eat my words too on this one lol

I just think that it's a bit premature to say definitively it's one way or the other is kind of where I stand. I certainly can see a case made for both sides but I think myself and the regime want to see. Odell talent wise should always be an upgrade but that thing between his ears is a scary place

I guess the only other thing I'd add is he wasn't 100% in his first year here. It kind of sounds like I'm making excuses but I legitimately think this team is his playmaking ability away from the super bowl. The fact this offense hummed with no legit deep threat excites me. Baker started reading defenders and throwing to the option they didn't cover on a given play in the 2nd half of the season, he was truly a different QB from an IQ standpoint

Edited by TeHDruiD
I like to type books :(

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the OBJ market is more along the lines of "he's worth more to us than he'll fetch in a trade".

I'm personally with you. I believe that Baker is better without him, and it's hard to deny the common denominator...which while it could very well be a false flag and data point, it gives me pause.

I really hope that it works out, but I'd rather trade him/dump his contract and get some value in return to use elsewhere (or even on the WR spot) than otherwise.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the OBJ market is more along the lines of "he's worth more to us than he'll fetch in a trade".

yeah based on the FA market it would seem as though teams aren’t interested in paying 15 million for a WR.  I’d imagine his value increases significantly next year if he comes back healthy and the cap explodes.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm personally with you. I believe that Baker is better without him, and it's hard to deny the common denominator...which while it could very well be a false flag and data point, it gives me pause.

I really hope that it works out, but I'd rather trade him/dump his contract and get some value in return to use elsewhere (or even on the WR spot) than otherwise.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah based on the FA market it would seem as though teams aren’t interested in paying 15 million for a WR.  I’d imagine his value increases significantly next year if he comes back healthy and the cap explodes.

The Juice factor/connection of him being upset if we traded him and the drama that would come with it may also be a net negative, especially if the value isn't "fair" in return. That contract coming off of an injury and I can't imagine the market is an accepting/forgiving one right now.

If nothing else, I hope Baker picks up where he left off last year, while adding OBJ to the mix.

OBJ and Higgins outside with Landry in the slot and DPJ in other spots on their 11/12 package on paper looks good.

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Juice factor/connection of him being upset if we traded him and the drama that would come with it may also be a net negative, especially if the value isn't "fair" in return. That contract coming off of an injury and I can't imagine the market is an accepting/forgiving one right now.

If nothing else, I hope Baker picks up where he left off last year, while adding OBJ to the mix.

OBJ and Higgins outside with Landry in the slot and DPJ in other spots on their 11/12 package on paper looks good.

I havent been keeping up with the offseason stuff this year but Ive been hearing a lot about Jarvis and his contract recently. Whats the word?

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I havent been keeping up with the offseason stuff this year but Ive been hearing a lot about Jarvis and his contract recently. Whats the word?

Nothing but rampant speculation and cryptic Twitter stuff. He's signed through 2022.