The possibility of keeping Darnold and trading down thread

ekill08x

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

It was a joke as KONY openly stated he wasn’t thinking that type of draft haul would of been offered. 

The deal Miami got of three 1sts and a 3rd was a haul!!! I think there was some hypothetical traes where we’d get only an extra 1st to trade down nothing like what Miami got. 

Well it’s 2 Firsts and a 3rd technically since they’re swapping 1s

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Well it’s 2 Firsts and a 3rd technically since they’re swapping 1s

Arent they getting a 1st in 2022 and another in 2023??

So they recieve a 1st this year and 2 more... that's 3 1sts. You dont subtract 1st since we are discussing what they got, not what they have up. 

Edited by KodiakThunder
Expanding

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Arent they getting a 1st in 2022 and another in 2023??

So they recieve a 1st this year and 2 more... that's 3 1sts. You dont subtract 1st since we are discussing what they got, not what they have up. 

They’re swapping 1s this year. They aren’t getting 2 additional 1s in 2022 and 2023 and a 3rd this year 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’re swapping 1s this year. They aren’t getting 2 additional 1s in 2022 and 2023 and a 3rd this year 

I thought they did get an additional 1st next year but traded theirs away to move back up to 6

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The trade was #12, 3rd round, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

They then traded one of those 1sts plus #12 for #6. 

Sure looks like the Jets trading down is a dead issue now after Miami huge trade with the 49ers. Right now it looks like a sure thing we will go QB with our second overall pick. And it looks like the end of the road for Darnold with the Jets. Just another day we got beat to the punch again.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Sure looks like the Jets trading down is a dead issue now after Miami huge trade with the 49ers. Right now it looks like a sure thing we will go QB with our second overall pick. And it looks like the end of the road for Darnold with the Jets. Just another day we got beat to the punch again.

Just goes to show you for all of the trade down crowd who said we could just package multiple picks next year after we built up the roster.

It take two to tango.  If the team ahead of us needed a QB it's unlikely they trade with us unless we overpay.

I would not have taken that SF package either for 2.  Glad JD stayed put to take Wilson.  It was the right move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just goes to show you for all of the trade down crowd who said we could just package multiple picks next year after we built up the roster.

It take two to tango.  If the team ahead of us needed a QB it's unlikely they trade with us unless we overpay.

I would not have taken that SF package either for 2.  Glad JD stayed put to take Wilson.  It was the right move.

It was a great move by Miami. they get three first round picks plus they pick at 6 this year and still get the WR they wanted. That is like having you cake and eating it also.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Same. It was a fair and solid trade for every team involved but I wouldn’t have done that trade for the Jets.

Miami essentially went from 3 to 6 and picked up a 2023 1st and 2022 3rd. They also dropped a round 4th round to 5th round in this draft.

It’s a fair trade for Maimi and the #3 pick. I wouldn’t label it a haul though. It’s pretty close to the draft value chart if you assume 20 slots lower for each future year. They’re sticking with Tua for now.

For comparison, the Colts got pick #37, #47 and a following year 2nd for dropping from #3 to #6. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

There’s no question that I’m sure several teams want Wilson and want to know what we want for it. IMO I think JD has stayed firm on the thinking of I won’t decide anything until the pro days. So don’t waste your time calling. That’s why a deal with us wasn’t in the cards.

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

The trade was #12, 3rd round, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

They then traded one of those 1sts plus #12 for #6. 

I’m just referencing the move from 3 to 12 but yeah even going back up they moved a first. 

So going from 3 to 6 they only picked up a 1st which still isn’t bad at all. 

@KingOfNewYork Unless I’ve misinterpreted your previous post, I think you’re pretty much a QB at 2 guy. However, how much would JD have to get back for you to be like ok that’s not bad?

I suspect Joe D is pretty much a Wilson guy. So I’m trying to gauge what a team would need to offer him for him to consider  and possibly accept the offer.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, SDotNova said:

@KingOfNewYork Unless I’ve misinterpreted your previous post, I think you’re pretty much a QB at 2 guy. However, how much would JD have to get back for you to be like ok that’s not bad? 

Nothing really, we're in such a great spot to draft a talented kid and everything else outside of that is unknown. If a team offered us a swap of 1's this year plus 3 future 1s and multiple 2s and 3s then maybe I'd be okay with that but I just hate passing on a QB with so many quality prospects there for us. 

52 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m just referencing the move from 3 to 12 but yeah even going back up they moved a first. 

So going from 3 to 6 they only picked up a 1st which still isn’t bad at all. 

Yeah I think they got a great deal from SF but then gave up too much to move back to #6. All in all though I think they want Chase or Pitts and would of taken them at #3. So they trade down and may even still have both on the board. 

1- Lawrence

2- Wilson

3- Qb

4- ???

5. Sewell

Very good chance Miami get their guy at #6. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I think they got a great deal from SF but then gave up too much to move back to #6. All in all though I think they want Chase or Pitts and would of taken them at #3. So they trade down and may even still have both on the board. 

1- Lawrence

2- Wilson

3- Qb

4- ???

5. Sewell

Very good chance Miami get their guy at #6. 

Yeah it worked out very well for them in the end because they'll likely have their pickings with Smith, Chase, Pitts available.