The possibility of keeping Darnold and trading down thread

ekill08x

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Nothing really, we're in such a great spot to draft a talented kid and everything else outside of that is unknown. If a team offered us a swap of 1's this year plus 3 future 1s and multiple 2s and 3s then maybe I'd be okay with that but I just hate passing on a QB with so many quality prospects there for us. 

That’s probably where JD is at. We’re not moving unless someone forces us to move.

I still like Darnold. So mine would obviously be less. But it’s more than what Miami got going from 3 to 6.

But Miami definitely did well giving their situation. They were going weapon. So picking up an extra first is a no brainer.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s no question that I’m sure several teams want Wilson and want to know what we want for it. IMO I think JD has stayed firm on the thinking of I won’t decide anything until the pro days. So don’t waste your time calling. That’s why a deal with us wasn’t in the cards.

I though that yesterday, but not any more, I am sure Douglas,  got the sane offer as Miami, that tells me that he is done with Darnold. he would of jump at that offer if he though Darnold, was the QB next years.  How can you pass up a offer like that unless he feels that Darnold is just bad. And that kills any trade down scenario. So there is no question who the first three picks in the draft are. TL. Wilson, Fields.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

I though that yesterday, but not any more, I am sure Douglas,  got the sane offer as Miami, that tells me that he is done with Darnold. he would of jump at that offer if he though Darnold, was the QB next years.  How can you pass up a offer like that unless he feels that Darnold is just bad. And that kills any trade down scenario. So there is no question who the first three picks in the draft are. TL. Wilson, Fields, or Fields or Wilson

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s no question that I’m sure several teams want Wilson and want to know what we want for it. IMO I think JD has stayed firm on the thinking of I won’t decide anything until the pro days. So don’t waste your time calling. That’s why a deal with us wasn’t in the cards.

You really think he blocked all calls until the pro days?  I mean why would he do that makes no sense.  Don't you think it would be nice to know what the value of the pick is if you are unsure about what you are doing.

@doumeyer

Please try to quote properly.   When you quote, you should type something in white, not blue area.

When you wish to edit your post.  look at upper and right corner to find  (...). Click on and you see "Edit". Click on.  Fix whatever you wish to do and then click on Saving.

Because of your quote practice, we aren't able to reply to your exact post.

24 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

You really think he blocked all calls until the pro days?  I mean why would he do that makes no sense.  Don't you think it would be nice to know what the value of the pick is if you are unsure about what you are doing.

Reports have been no one had talks with us. So I assume he gave a firm answer on something. My guess is what I said. I could be totally wrong. But it appears there was a clear reason SF never had take with us. I’m sure it wasn’t that they didn’t want to go to 2. It seems it would be more on our end.

Darnold defenders on Twitter constantly contradict themselves. 

They will say Sam had no weapons, no O-Line and the front office failed him while at the same time blaming Gase for not producing a high powered offense that was lead by a QB who had no weapons, no OL and a front office that failed them. 

It can’t be one and not the other. We’re in position to start over and avoid issues that have plagued us in the past and people refuse to be honest with themselves about it. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Darnold defenders on Twitter constantly contradict themselves. 

They will say Sam had no weapons, no O-Line and the front office failed him while at the same time blaming Gase for not producing a high powered offense that was lead by a QB who had no weapons, no OL and a front office that failed them. 

It can’t be one and not the other. We’re in position to start over and avoid issues that have plagued us in the past and people refuse to be honest with themselves about it. 

It was both. As I’ve stated... I don’t know how many of you played sports at a high level. I know me and @xenajetshave. And confidence is everything. Especially the higher levels you play at. IMO I think Darnold had 0 confidence last year. A player playing with 0 confidence isn’t themselves. And Gase is garbage. So that didn’t help either. The WR group and a guy collecting SS at RB didn’t help either.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It was both. As I’ve stated... I don’t know how many of you played sports at a high level. I know me and @xenajetshave. And confidence is everything. Especially the higher levels you play at. IMO I think Darnold had 0 confidence last year. A player playing with 0 confidence isn’t themselves. And Gase is garbage. So that didn’t help either. The WR group and a guy collecting SS at RB didn’t help either.

I’m split on this. Confidence is a factor of the mentality of a player. The mental side of the game requires different aspects and confidence is just one of those traits. 

Case in point; I didn’t play with confidence. My old man was a real hard arse to be honest. Legit I would throw up within two minutes of a game starting. Done it in front of 20k fans. Pure fear. Started from about 4yrs of age so it was inbuilt in my mentality. That’s what I used to get me to where I got. So confidence is just one aspect of the overall mentality of a player in my opinion. It’s not necessarily needed but some personality trait has to take over. Sam seems such a great kid and I wish he had ‘it’ but unfortunately I don’t think he does. 

If confidence was something that he had and then lost then losing your number one receiver couldn’t of helped. Whatever the circumstance was and the strangeness of last year winning those two games we all wanted to lose has led us to Zach Wilson. 

Time to move on and hope the guy gets us to where we all want to be. A perennial playoff team with super bowl aspirations. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So with Darnold it was 0 confidence but everyone else was just garbage. That's ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So with Darnold it was 0 confidence but everyone else was just garbage. That's ridiculous. 

I’m not saying Darnold is great here. I think given his age and his skill set... sticking with him isn’t a bad decision. There’s serve two players that were in better circumstances than he was that were struggling at this age and point in their career and had good careers after. Several reasons why. Maybe change of scenery. Change of staff. Helping what’s around them. Etc. These all play a part.

The situation a QB is out into is HUGE for a QB. Darnold was out in an awful situation. Quite frankly it’s a miracle we won so games a year ago with him.

31 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’m split on this. Confidence is a factor of the mentality of a player. The mental side of the game requires different aspects and confidence is just one of those traits. 

Case in point; I didn’t play with confidence. My old man was a real hard arse to be honest. Legit I would throw up within two minutes of a game starting. Done it in front of 20k fans. Pure fear. Started from about 4yrs of age so it was inbuilt in my mentality. That’s what I used to get me to where I got. So confidence is just one aspect of the overall mentality of a player in my opinion. It’s not necessarily needed but some personality trait has to take over. Sam seems such a great kid and I wish he had ‘it’ but unfortunately I don’t think he does. 

If confidence was something that he had and then lost then losing your number one receiver couldn’t of helped. Whatever the circumstance was and the strangeness of last year winning those two games we all wanted to lose has led us to Zach Wilson. 

Time to move on and hope the guy gets us to where we all want to be. A perennial playoff team with super bowl aspirations. 

I understand. And I could see the argument that if he doesn’t have the mental toughness for that. He won’t ever. My answer to that is he’s a kid still.

For me I was quiet when playing sports. I was more the silent confidence and leader. Where I let my play do the talking. If anything my talking was joking around to lighten up the mood if we were losing it I had an awful game. There’s several different ways players carry confidence and leadership. Darnold didn’t look like his 2019 self last year.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not saying Darnold is great here. I think given his age and his skill set... sticking with him isn’t a bad decision. There’s serve two players that were in better circumstances than he was that were struggling at this age and point in their career and had good careers after. Several reasons why. Maybe change of scenery. Change of staff. Helping what’s around them. Etc. These all play a part.

The situation a QB is out into is HUGE for a QB. Darnold was out in an awful situation. Quite frankly it’s a miracle we won so games a year ago with him.

Or maybe he just sucks. Both are possible. Which one are you willing to put your hopes on? And which one has shown us is most likely?