The possibility of keeping Darnold and trading down thread

ekill08x

Just now, xrade said:

But did you watch Wilson play? Did you see some of the throws to covered receivers? Lasers on time and on target. He elevated that team. He played with crap and won football games. That is all translatable to the NFL. I like Fields as well. I just question whether he can elevate his teammates because he has never had to. 

Never saw him play a game, all i know about him is he is big has a good arm and is a better than a average runner, and he looks like one of the Back Street boys. One thing is for sure Douglas will check him out, and that is all we can ask.

The reason JD couldn't hint or something like that about QB is Saleh.   He already said that qb situation is up to Saleh.    What did Saleh say about qb situation other than thinking Darnold has potential to be a great qb for him?

I have heard nothing so far.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

The reason JD couldn't hint or something like that about QB is Saleh.   He already said that qb situation is up to Saleh.    What did Saleh say about qb situation other than thinking Darnold has potential to be a great qb for him?

I have heard nothing so far.

WOW that is really interesting, that could be a good thing. Something new every day

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Never saw him play a game, all i know about him is he is big has a good arm and is a better than a average runner, and he looks like one of the Back Street boys. One thing is for sure Douglas will check him out, and that is all we can ask.

If you saw him play, maybe your judgement that he is only good because of the poor completion would change. Trust me, until I watched him I thought it was all hype. It is not. I have also watched Fields, Jones and Lawrence. They all showed they were good QB’s for their team. But they also had the benefit of a massive amount of talent around them. What happens when they go to a team that does not have all that talent? The Jets do not have all that talent, yet. 

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

So how can you discredit him then? Just because the competition he faced wasn’t as strong. Seems a little unfair really. His competition was worse but so was his supporting cast. 

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

If you saw him play, maybe your judgement that he is only good because of the poor completion would change. Trust me, until I watched him I thought it was all hype. It is not. I have also watched Fields, Jones and Lawrence. They all showed they were good QB’s for their team. But they also had the benefit of a massive amount of talent around them. What happens when they go to a team that does not have all that talent? The Jets do not have all that talent, yet. 

Until he shows up at Pro Day, are you comfortable with his size in NFL and questionable OL.   I heard Trey Lance is handsome when you look at him.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I know the pro days don't finish up for a little longer. But lets not forget that we traded up to #3 for Darnold on St Pattys Day in 2018.

Wow... Killian Up. lol.

3 major pro days by that date.      Pro Day without combine sucks.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Those two guy never played those teams. This schedule was make up at the start of the year due to the virus. BYU did not play their regular schedule. Justin Fields played the tough teams not these PATSIES  Wilson played

Wilson also played with guys who could be selling cars after they're done playing in college.  It's all relative when evaluating talent.  He didn't have guys around him who will be first round NFL players.

I hate that logic when comparing players.  

I hate this scenario of keeping Sam.  Nothing would ruin a promising start to a new era in Jets football then to keep the worst QB in football because another team would only offer a 3rd instead of a 2nd.

Evaluate Wilson and Fields and take you guy.  It's the only answer to this question.

29 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Until he shows up at Pro Day, are you comfortable with his size in NFL and questionable OL.   I heard Trey Lance is handsome when you look at him.

There are smaller framed QB’s that are playing now. His height is if not a concern and he will put on some good weight in an NFL conditioning program. It won’t  affect his play. As for the OL, they will be better. We certainly need an OG or two but I am counting on those spots to be filled. I am not excusing our poor OL play last year, but we had 4 new starters and a limited offseason. Did we really expect them to be good?  McGovern played better as the season wore on. Get a FA OG and draft one on day two and we are set for now. 

42 minutes ago, xrade said:

Who would watch BYU play North Alabama or Troy or even Texas State, this year it was a joke in college football, How many games were played with 25 players out because of the virus. Right now i don't know who i want for jour next QB it is still to early.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Who would watch BYU play North Alabama or Troy or even Texas State, this year it was a joke in college football, How many games were played with 25 players out because of the virus. Right now i don't know who i want for our next QB it is still to early.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Who would watch BYU play North Alabama or Troy or even Texas State, this year it was a joke in college football, How many games were played with 25 players out because of the virus. Right now i don't know who i want for jour next QB it is still to early.

I only watched a couple of his entire games on YouTube because of all the talk about him.