NE S Patrick Chung retires

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Different defense BB uses the strength of a player. Most cases it works out with FA not so much with draft picks. Go figure!!!

Mills would be closer to a Eric Rowe type for the Pats than Chung. Similar to Rowe, Mills is versatile. Both having played CB and Safety which I think BB values. Although, they are both better served playing mostly Safety, IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, I mean they both have experience at CB and S. They are both better suited athletically to play safety. Neither are box safety types like Chung. 

Chung was replaced last off season by drafting Dugger and signing Phillips 

Joejuan Williams also played in his role a few times. Often a 'TE eraser'. Dugger better though.

On Mills, I haven't watched much so this isn't my opinion, but PFF had him as a top 20 coverage safety last year. It's easy to just go along with group-think, isn't it, but did you really pay attention?

(I also thought he was crap, just coz of what I heard on here)

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Joejuan Williams also played in his role a few times. Often a 'TE eraser'. Dugger better though.

On Mills, I haven't watched much so this isn't my opinion, but PFF had him as a top 20 coverage safety last year. It's easy to just go along with group-think, isn't it, but did you really pay attention?

(I also thought he was crap, just coz of what I heard on here)

I don't know who this is in reference to but I liked Mills at safety last year. If that's where he plays then he should be a pretty decent signing for the pats. 

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Absolutely

Chung was more of a bust than a hit. Good riddance. Never liked the pick or the player.

Dude started 10 years in the NFL as a second round pick. What unworldly expectations do you have of draft picks to consider him more of a bust than a hit? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Dude started 10 years in the NFL as a second round pick. What unworldly expectations do you have of draft picks to consider him more of a bust than a hit? 

my boy Doley has a significantly lower opinion on Chung than most

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The whole cocaine controversy bothered me on top of it all.

I'm still waiting for some rational explanation for how he never got suspended for that. But Goodell's punishments are as random as a drunken monkey throwing darts at a board so....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swoosh said:

Eh. He was a disappointment in his first stint in NE. Even Belichick has said so publicly, though he took the blame for misusing him. He didn't really catch-on until he returned to NE. That is a true statement.

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Eh. He was a disappointment in his first stint in NE. Even Belichick has said so publicly, though he took the blame for misusing him. He didn't really catch-on until he returned to NE. That is a true statement.

And he tailed off significantly at the end.