Current Atlanta Falcons Roster and Depth Chart

scar988

QB 2 Matt Ryan/A.J. McCarron

RBF 28 Mike Davis/84 Cordarrelle Patterson/30 Qadree Ollison/36 Tony Brooks-James

RBC 84 Cordarrelle Patterson/36 Tony Brooks-James

FB 40 Keith Smith

WRF 11 Julio Jones/17 Olamide Zaccheaus

WRP 18 Calvin Ridley/13 Christian Blake

WRS 83 Russell Gage/14 Chris Rowland/16 Greg Dortch

TE 81 Hayden Hurst/85 Lee Smith/80 Ryan Becker

TE 8 Kyle Pitts/87 Jaeden Graham

LT 70 Jake Matthews/73 Matt Gono

LG Jalen Mayfield/68 Josh Andrews

C 61 Matt Hennessy/Drew Dalman/66 Willie Wright

RG 63 Chris Lindstrom/72 Willie Beavers

RT 76 Kaleb McGary

BASE

DE 97 Grady Jarrett/Ta'Quon Graham/79 Chris Slayton

NT 96 Tyeler Davison/94 Deadrin Senat

DE 90 Marlon Davidson/50 John Cominsky/99 Jonathan Bullard

EDGE 56 Dante Fowler/91 Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

LB 45 Deion Jones/43 Mykal Walker

LB 54 Foye Oluokun/51 Brandon Copeland

EDGE 52 Barkevious Mingo/55 Steven Means

CB 24 A.J. Terrell/22 Fabian Moreau/33 Tyler Hall/29 Chris Williamson

CB 26 Isaiah Oliver/20 Kendall Sheffield/Darren Hall/27 Delrick Abrams

FS Richie Grant/32 Jaylinn Hawkins39 T.J. Green

SS 21 Duron Harmon/23 Erik Harris

NICKEL

EDGE 56 Dante Fowler/91 Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

DL 97 Grady Jarrett/99 Jonathan Bullard/96 Tyeler Davison/94 Deadrin Senat

DL 90 Marlon Davidson/50 John Cominsky/Ta'Quon Graham/94 Deadrin Senat/79 Chris Slayton

EDGE 52 Barkevious Mingo/55 Steven Means

LB 45 Deion Jones/43 Mykal Walker

LB 54 Foye Oluokun/51 Brandon Copeland

CB 24 A.J. Terrell/20 Kendall Sheffield

CB 22 Fabian Moreau/42 Delrick Abrams/29 Chris Williamson

SLOT 26 Isaiah Oliver/Darren Hall/33 Tyler Hall

FS Richie Grant/32 Jaylinn Hawkins39 T.J. Green

SS 21 Duron Harmon/23 Erik Harris

K 7 Younghoe Koo/1 Elliott Fry

P 4 Sterling Hofrichter/9 Dom Maggio

KOS 7 Younghoe Koo/4 Sterling Hofrichter

KR 84 Cordarrelle Patterson/14 Chris Rowland

PR 14 Chris Rowland/84 Cordarrelle Patterson

LS 47 Josh Harris

Starter

Draft Pick

Free Agent

Traded For

Re-signed

Edited by scar988

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread. 

I can clear see us adding a QB of the future in this draft which is most critical to me. After that, another premier WR is needed considering Julio age. He's only on going to be an high-end WR for so long, even if we want to keep him, it would be nice to move him into a Larry Fitzgerald role. 

After that, a ZBS RB of the future makes sense. 

Depth is our biggest issue for the most part. We need to solve that massively. Depth is bad on both sides. 

• Like 1

SO our pass rush looks not great, we have no safeties that are reliable and our interior o line is worrisome. if we dont get an intriguing enough offer to trade down, i think sewell os the obvious pick. Especially with how practices are today, why sit a QB for a year or two when theres such limited reps available? conversely, draft sewell, slide one of our tackles inside and really solidify protection and prolong ryans productivity.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

SO our pass rush looks not great, we have no safeties that are reliable and our interior o line is worrisome. if we dont get an intriguing enough offer to trade down, i think sewell os the obvious pick. Especially with how practices are today, why sit a QB for a year or two when theres such limited reps available? conversely, draft sewell, slide one of our tackles inside and really solidify protection and prolong ryans productivity.

I'd rather see them trade down to 9 and go with Jaelen Phillips at 9 for the pass rush, then go with both 2nds and get a S and a OG (or someone like Leatherwood who is better suited for that role in the pros), and really build the team out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

@scar988 what is your read on your new GM? Did you like the hire? 

I feel like Dimitrioff was constantly chasing blue chip talent, always looking to go up rather than down, always trying to be splashy. Would you agree with that statement?

Dimitroff always traded up. Fontenot comes from a different school of thought though.  

On 3/30/2021 at 11:39 PM, scar988 said:

I'd rather see them trade down to 9 and go with Jaelen Phillips at 9 for the pass rush, then go with both 2nds and get a S and a OG (or someone like Leatherwood who is better suited for that role in the pros), and really build the team out.

This would be my preference as well, really wish Phillips didn't have the concussion history. 

Needs to me look like EDGE, LG, and S (x2?), for certain. And as @1stpicksaid, RB and depth.

I'm torn on what to do if we're unable to trade down. I can make a case for Pitts, Sewell, or a QBOTF. Glad it's not my decision to make, lol

My guess has been that the Falcons will stick at No. 4 and take a quarterback, because I don’t think they want to count on picking that high again and this happens to be a really strong year at the position. But I do know they’re open to the idea of trading the pick and have had exploratory talks with other teams on a deal that would have someone else moving up to No. 4. And Detroit’s another team I’ve been told to keep an eye on—since they can give other teams an opportunity to jump Carolina and Denver in the quarterback line (though that’d more likely be a draft-day deal, since you can’t totally be sure who’ll be there at No. 7 right now). I’m told they’ve got a cluster of players ID’d they’d be good with at seven, but are open to doing a deal to move down as well.

-Albert Breer

56 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

I agree with that, but for some reason or another, I've got a sneaking suspicion we may end up getting a haul from the Pats (maybe Washington or the Bears). No reasoning, just a feeling

If the Pats do 3 years of first round picks, their 2nd and 3rd this year and their 2nd next? I'm down. That's 6 top 100 picks for a QB and we'd be able to use 3 of them this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scar988 said:

Adding the signings of Cordarrelle Patterson and Duron Harmon when I go on lunch, but @FalconFan13, we finally have a quality safety on the roster.

Love these underrated signings. It really smells like Pitts is the guy from these moves, but that's just a hunch. I could see something like this:

1. Pitts

2. Edge

3. RB or S

4. RB or S (package some picks to get back into the 3rd if need be)

It would leave CB and OL unaddressed, but some guys will need to step up somewhere. Or if Pitts isn't the guy, trading down to grab an extra 2nd and a 1st next year as the base package seems ideal. 

1. Surtain

2a. Edge

2b. RB

3. S

So many options. Lots of needs, but that's what makes it fun. This new staff could take things in all sorts of directions. I'm just along for the ride.