Dolphins sign C Matt Skura (1 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Don't know if that's an improvement on Karras. I can distinctly remember him being benched at the end of last year as he was having issues snapping the ball. We'll see what his price is. 

Yeah, I wasn't impressed at all with what I saw in 2020 from him.  Definite downgrade from Karras.  But there was a tweet posted in the NFL News thread that said he was coming back from a nasty ligament injury last year which may have played into it.  I don't remember seeing him in 2019, but his PFF grade does show him being significantly better (for how much that is worth).  

My money is still on a C being drafted.

Thinking we may be done in FA at this point with the number of draft picks we have it looks like we have around 11 mil remaining and an estimated 14 million will be needed to sign our draftees. Granted they can always create room with clever cap chicanery. First world problems. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went for C in round 2 if Creed is sitting there at 50. If not watch out for Morrissey, Jackson or Meinerz. I do see Meinerz rising up boards though.

trying to watch more on Morrissey to figure out if he is strong enough.

Skura could be a decent signing if he has got over his snapping issues and is at full health. He is better than Karras IMO if healthy.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:30 AM, mountainpd said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went for C in round 2 if Creed is sitting there at 50. If not watch out for Morrissey, Jackson or Meinerz. I do see Meinerz rising up boards though.

trying to watch more on Morrissey to figure out if he is strong enough.

Skura could be a decent signing if he has got over his snapping issues and is at full health. He is better than Karras IMO if healthy.

He's got a horrific injury history, but Landon Dickerson is a guy to watch in the 2nd as well.  When he's on the field, he's as good as anybody.