FFMD 2021: Atlanta Falcons War Room

scar988

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so in real life, Atlanta should be calling Carolina to take their pick, right? Miamis at 6 now, and theres a chance they are going after a QB.

Carolina or Denver at 9. Grab an extra second and maybe more. That's best case scenario IMO. 

If they stay at 4, I have to think they're taking a QB (likely Fields or Lance). 

16 hours ago, scar988 said:

They just took Tu'a last year....

yup, and arizona had just drafted Rosen the year before Murray. If they dont feel Tuas the guy, then why shouldnt they draft a QB? Its more likely they go Pitts or a WR but pretending like theres a 0% chance they draft a QB is foolish.

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yup, and arizona had just drafted Rosen the year before Murray. If they dont feel Tuas the guy, then why shouldnt they draft a QB? Its more likely they go Pitts or a WR but pretending like theres a 0% chance they draft a QB is foolish.

They do think he’s the guy though. 

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a trade with the Washington football team.

Atlanta receives:

No. 19 overall in 2021

OG Brandon Scherff

2022 conditional pick. (If Scherff re-signs, the Falcons get their 7th round pick. If Scherff doesn't, they get the third round pick)

Washington receives:

No. 4 overall in 2021.

I know it seems like we're not getting that much, but Scherff is a Pro Bowl guard. And the Falcons could easily play him at right guard and slide Lindstrom over to left guard.

I really like the updated offensive line of this:

Jake Matthews - Chris Lindstrom - Matt Hennessy - Brandon Scherff - Kaleb McGary

They all fit the scheme and are perfect zone blocking fits. They all have size, strength and quickness. The weak link is McGary, but he could develop with Smith working with him. Adding someone like Scherff to the line and shoring up the LT-LG and RG spots with Pro Bowl caliber players should help Hennessy and McGary really become at least average. 

Mike Davis behind that line would be fine. But a RB in the draft might work. We just don't have to take one early. The goal of filling a spot was needed. I don't think QB is the focus now. Nor would OL. But at 19, I think we can get someone who fits in well at EDGE like Ojulari or someone at CB like Horn. But we really don't have to focus on any one position with how the roster is right now. That's why I made the move for Scherff. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a trade with the Washington football team.

Atlanta receives:

No. 19 overall in 2021

OG Brandon Scherff

2022 conditional pick. (If Scherff re-signs, the Falcons get their 7th round pick. If Scherff doesn't, they get the third round pick)

Washington receives:

No. 4 overall in 2021.

I know it seems like we're not getting that much, but Scherff is a Pro Bowl guard. And the Falcons could easily play him at right guard and slide Lindstrom over to left guard.

That's a massive drop off for such little return and I know Scherff is Elite. Washington gave up more in 2012 and wasn't as far back. A 2nd is almost a must but I would say a 1st is too. Scherff is also going to be 30 this season. Take another 1st as I'm sure Washington would offer it knowing Snyder is still their owner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chargers said:

That's a massive drop off for such little return and I know Scherff is Elite. Washington gave up more in 2012 and wasn't as far back. A 2nd is almost a must but I would say a 1st is too. Scherff is also going to be 30 this season. Take another 1st as I'm sure Washington would offer it knowing Snyder is still their owner.

I mean, I valued him as a low 1, early 2. But he did go to a pro bowl this last year, and guard is easier to accept a loss in athleticism than at tackle. Mack played center extremely well at 34-35 last year. If he was a tackle, I'd worry. OL have better longevity than most and G and C more than T. Yanda was a 36 year old all-pro his last year. I know I'm thinking outliers here, but Scherff is an outlier.

Edited by scar988

On 3/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

so in real life, Atlanta should be calling Carolina to take their pick, right? Miamis at 6 now, and theres a chance they are going after a QB.

Carolina should be doing the calling, but yes.  The problem does Atlanta want to deal with Carolina?  Do you possibly hand over a franchise QB to a divisional rival, especially if a team like the Broncos are offering a similar package?