Are the Rams the best team in the NFC?

RamPackFan

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We beat ourselves and Gurley was out of bounds on the 1. Don't get it twisted.

In reality, any and all details don't matter.  All that matters is who got credited the win in the standings column.  A victory that game puts the Rams at 4-1 and Seattle with a losing record, plus the tie breaker (if it ever came to that).  That is like a choke hold this early in the season.  Regardless of you saying the Rams beat themselves, blah blah blah - They still lost.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

In reality, any and all details don't matter.  All that matters is who got credited the win in the standings column.  A victory that game puts the Rams at 4-1 and Seattle with a losing record, plus the tie breaker (if it ever came to that).  That is like a choke hold this early in the season.  Regardless of you saying the Rams beat themselves, blah blah blah - They still lost.

Tie breaker? We still get to play you guys one more time bebe.

43 minutes ago, showtime said:

Except we are talking about power rankings. So yes, every detail matters. Because this isnt just a list of standings, in that case the Seahawks would be at best 5th or at worst 9th. 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

The better team sometimes loses. Just look at all the times we beat Seattle with Fisher. We'll pay Seattle back later this year in their house. They won't have a bunch of fluke breaks go their way.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:59 AM, RamPackFan said:

NFL.com has us ranked #3! Legit! 

I honestly believe we are the best team overall,  thoughts?

We could be. We could also be a very average team. We'll find out in the next 6 or so weeks.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The better team sometimes loses. Just look at all the times we beat Seattle with Fisher. We'll pay Seattle back later this year in their house. They won't have a bunch of fluke breaks go their way.

We could be. We could also be a very average team. We'll find out in the next 6 or so weeks.

If it takes 12 weeks to find out if the Rams are the best team or one of the best teams in the NFC then we have a problem. The Rams main issue under Fisher was winning outside the division. So far the Rams are (3-1) outside the division. Another problem was in game adjustments. So far with the new coaching staff in game adjustments have been on point every game. The Rams are one Kupp catch away from being (5-1). 

I think though we as Rams fans are condition to think the worst even if the obvious is staring us right in the face. The Rams are a top tier team not just in the NFC but in the NFL. I could go on and on but I’ll give you three examples: 1) the Colts team is a team the Rams suppose to dismantle, they did. Last season the Rams player the Jets led by Petty and barely won. 2) on a short turn around on the road against a divisional opponent in the Niners the Rams put up 41pts after only putting up 20pts against the Redskins 4 days prior. That let me know the focus was there and they knew what needed to be different offensively from Week 2 to Week 3 even on a short week travel. 3) the Rams did something that no team done before the Rams and that’s go into Dallas and beat Prescott. He was perfect in regular season games at home. He also had a great record in games where he throws for at least 250yds I think. Rams are road warriors (4-0) and proves to let nothing phase them when adversity comes their way. That’s the mark of a great team.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If it takes 12 weeks to find out if the Rams are the best team or one of the best teams in the NFC then we have a problem.

Uhm, no. Look at our schedule. It gets really tough the second half of the year.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Uhm, no. Look at our schedule. It gets really tough the second half of the year.

Exactly. We are actually right were I predicted us to be through 6 weeks at 4-2. I had us taking that Skins game and dropping the one the Cowboys, but the outcome has been the same.

The thing is, I have us going 2-8 the rest of the way. And from where we are right now, that would be a pretty major collapse. This week should be a major indicator of where this team is at, and how well McVay has this team running. So just to recap what we have ahead of us;

• The Cardinals are still an enigma, and we have to travel across the pond.
  • The Giants have been decimated, and even on the road, after a bye if we are good its an easy win.
  • Everyone is creaming over Watson and the Texans, but if you peel back what they are doing, its been very Bortles-esque
  • The Vikings still have a dominating D, but that offense is now a complete mess, without any real answers in sight
  • The Saints are sneaky good, even their defense is impressive at times. Still think this will have to be Goff's coming out party
  • Back against the Cards, I will be surprised if they are still completely healthy, the results of this week wont have any barring
  • The Eagles are alot better than many thought, or are they? Not knocking just Philly, but the league as a whole. Is anyone good?
  • We should have won the first Hawks game, gave it to them. Rams are a team with room to grow this year, not sure the Hawks are.
  • Titans may be a disappointment so far, but they are still a dangerous team, and a late season road game is never easy
  • We let the Niners stick around too long on a Thursday night, with a potentially a playoff spot/division on the line, should be a blowout

New updated prediction, we go 7-3 on this stretch (provided the main guys stay healthy; Whit, Goff, Gurley, Sullivan, Donald, Tru, etc.) because I think the offense only gets better as we integrate Watkins down the stretch, and the defense continues to get more comfortable in Wades scheme. I think we have trouble this week with the long trip, but McVay resets the board on the BYE week, and we get to ease back in against the Giants. Then expose the Texans as pretenders, followed by Gurley grinding out a win against the Vikes. While it will be a fireworks show, I think Brees is just too much for this defense at this point (now that they arent worried about using AP). Then we start the Revenge tour against the West, taking down close road wins in ARZ and SEA, while Goff showing everyone he is the better QB in between. We get tripped up on the late road game, as the Titans are fighting to win their Division at 9-7. And we pound out a New Years win to take the Division and potentially a Bye in the first round.

Maybe Im drinking the Kool-Aid, but I see alot of really good things from this squad, with a whole lot of things that can still improve;

On 10/19/2017 at 8:44 PM, jrry32 said:

really? I thought it got easier. 

NY Giants is a broken team - expect an easy wiin here

Vikings are QB-less and I don't see that as a "tough" game by anymeans - I expect an easy win here

Saints? We beat em' last year and I don't see them as much of a threat anyhow

Titans - Not that great of a team and I expect a win here

49ers - worst team in football, perhaps (aside from the usual Cleveland) I expect a win here 

Seahawks, Texans and Eagles are the only challenges we face ahead, IMHO. All the rest SHOULD be guaranteed wins for us. 

I say AT WORST we go 10-6 this year. 

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

really? I thought it got easier. 

NY Giants is a broken team - expect an easy wiin here

Vikings are QB-less and I don't see that as a "tough" game by anymeans - I expect an easy win here

Saints? We beat em' last year and I don't see them as much of a threat anyhow

Titans - Not that great of a team and I expect a win here

49ers - worst team in football, perhaps (aside from the usual Cleveland) I expect a win here 

Seahawks, Texans and Eagles are the only challenges we face ahead, IMHO. All the rest SHOULD be guaranteed wins for us. 

I say AT WORST we go 10-6 this year. 

The Giants are on the first half of the schedule. They're the eighth game. Every single team we play in the second half of the season but the 49ers has a .500 or better record right now.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:57 AM, RamPackFan said:

who do you think is better than us right now? Eagles? lol Seahawks? Atlanta? nah, we're the best dogg....NFC at least.  AFC, KC and Pittsburgh are legit...MAYBE New England just because it's NE.....I think we could beat these teams as well. 

Not sure what you are laughing about. Can't wait till our teams play later this year. Should be a great game.

On 10/17/2017 at 1:42 PM, RamPackFan said:

We have so much more potential than Philly it's not even funny. 

Actually it is kind of funny you think that. 

On 10/17/2017 at 12:31 PM, El ramster said:

Eagles are the best team but they lack a run game

This just isn't true.

Blount averages 5.6 yards per carry. Eagles average 132.5 rushing yards per game.

Gurley averages 4.3 yards per carry. Rams average 127.6 rushing yards per game.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure what you are laughing about. Can't wait till our teams play later this year. Should be a great game.

Actually it is kind of funny you think that. 

This just isn't true.

Blount averages 5.6 yards per carry. Eagles average 132.5 rushing yards per game.

Gurley averages 4.3 yards per carry. Rams average 127.6 rushing yards per game.

Wasn't this like a few weeks ago? Besides all of eagles big runs have been like 1 play or 2 game.. Usually coming in the later part of the game. 

By no means do they have an elite offense at all.. It's more of a bang, bang, bang and bang some more till we hit the HR..

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Wasn't this like a few weeks ago? Besides all of eagles big runs have been like 1 play or 2 game.. Usually coming in the later part of the game. 

By no means do they have an elite offense at all.. It's more of a bang, bang, bang and bang some more till we hit the HR..

The stats? No. They are current.

I don't know about elite offense, but we are moving the chains consistently. We are best in like every 3rd down offensive category. It isn't just a home run offense. 

We could use a young stud RB, but Blount is running hard and getting the job done behind a o-line that is run blocking really well.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The stats? No. They are current.

I don't know about elite offense, but we are moving the chains consistently. We are best in like every 3rd down offensive category. It isn't just a home run offense. 

We could use a young stud RB, but Blount is running hard and getting the job done behind a o-line that is run blocking really well.

No i felt like my post was weeks ago lol.. But it was actually posted thursday.. Dunno.. Wentz is on a mad high right now.. We'll see soon enough though when we play against each other.. praying y'all lose tonight.. George Bless. I really like your front 7 though.. 

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

No i felt like my post was weeks ago lol.. But it was actually posted thursday.. Dunno.. Wentz is on a mad high right now.. We'll see soon enough though when we play against each other.. praying y'all lose tonight.. George Bless. I really like your front 7 though.. 

Yeah, I thought that might've been what you meant.

Definitely can't wait till we play. It's my most anticipated non division game this year.

Our last game was Nick Foles vs. Austin Davis..... yuck.

Archived