Are the Rams the best team in the NFC?

RamPackFan

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

"That guy" huh? What's that supposed to mean? I'm a die-hard Rams fan....all other teams are trash in my book. I also don't buy into NFL network and ESPN hype half way thru the season, remember how much Hype the Cowboys got last year.... Eagles haven't played ANYONE worth a damn and quite frankly I'm not seeing ANYTHING special whatsoever with that team. 

“That guy” means the obnoxious homer that almost every forum has.  They prop their team as the best thing ever and refuse to acknowledge the strengths of their opponent.  “The pride goeth before the fall...”  I’ve been on this forum for almost 10 years, and I have see many “obnoxious homers” come and go.  No one takes them seriously after a while.  In fact, I’ve seen Jrry’s posting over the many years.  While he always posted intelligent and insightful posts, he was a little brash and cocky about his team from the beggining.  Over the years, he’s definitely toned it down.  Just don’t be a CeeJay, it’ll be bad for your rep around here.

As for the “hype”, I could say the same things you’re saying.  Why should I believe your team is special and the hype surrounding the Rams?  What have they done?  Who have they beaten?  

But, honestly I can admit the Rams have talent and are good.  I wish we had a Todd Gurley.  But, I still believe in my team moreso and that Carson will lead us to victory when we play in December. Being  a “diehard” fan and acknowledging the strengths of your opponent don’t have to be mutually exclusive. 

I definitely hope that both our QBs are successful and we can have a nice rivalry for the next decade or so.  It’ll be entertaining to watch 2 of the better and young QBs (that were #1 and #2 in the same draft) be the future and grow up together  in a competitive manner.  That’s pretty rare, I think.

43 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

“That guy” means the obnoxious homer that almost every forum has.  They prop their team as the best thing ever and refuse to acknowledge the strengths of their opponent.  “The pride goeth before the fall...”  I’ve been on this forum for almost 10 years, and I have see many “obnoxious homers” come and go.  No one takes them seriously after a while.  In fact, I’ve seen Jrry’s posting over the many years.  While he always posted intelligent and insightful posts, he was a little brash and cocky about his team from the beggining.  Over the years, he’s definitely toned it down.  Just don’t be a CeeJay, it’ll be bad for your rep around here.

As for the “hype”, I could say the same things you’re saying.  Why should I believe your team is special and the hype surrounding the Rams?  What have they done?  Who have they beaten?  

But, honestly I can admit the Rams have talent and are good.  I wish we had a Todd Gurley.  But, I still believe in my team moreso and that Carson will lead us to victory when we play in December. Being  a “diehard” fan and acknowledging the strengths of your opponent don’t have to be mutually exclusive. 

I definitely hope that both our QBs are successful and we can have a nice rivalry for the next decade or so.  It’ll be entertaining to watch 2 of the better and young QBs (that were #1 and #2 in the same draft) be the future and grow up together  in a competitive manner.  That’s pretty rare, I think.

Looking forward to seeing the Rams-Eagles establish a rivalry in the realm of Brady vs Manning

5 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Someone did point out that we face Von Miller and Demarcus Lawrence coming up in back-to-back weeks.  It would be nice if they could be switched like pitchers.

I would like to see Lane cover Carson’s blindside.

Tell Carson to throw with his left hand. ;)

6 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

"That guy" huh? What's that supposed to mean? I'm a die-hard Rams fan....all other teams are trash in my book. I also don't buy into NFL network and ESPN hype half way thru the season, remember how much Hype the Cowboys got last year.... Eagles haven't played ANYONE worth a damn and quite frankly I'm not seeing ANYTHING special whatsoever with that team. 

The Cowboys were a very good team last year.

4 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Wouldn't that be fun? So many people would have to eat crow on Goff and Wentz. That would be fun to see.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:15 PM, RamPackFan said:

I'm laughing  because the Eagles ALWAYS collapse.  They're overrated right now...with their avg WR's, avg Rb, avg Defense and average QB.  Ya'll haven't even played anyone good yet...the Chiefs, and ya'll LOST. Panthers would've beat the Eagles too if Kuechley didn't have to leave the game. Blount is garbage..slow and one dimensional..Gurley is LEAGUES above him. Our WR's are better, Rb is better, front 7 is better. Eagles will show their true colors soon enough, mark my words. I bet they won't even win their division this year. lol

You're out of pocket here.

Personally, I like both teams and I think this will develop into a Brady VS. Manning type rivalry. I've honestly watched more Eagles than Rams games(service area and streaming issues.) I think the defenses, QB and oline are about even. I will give the edge to Rams for RB. And honestly. I'm sure how to rate both teams receiving corps. Woods, Kupp and Watkins are a nice trio. But the eagles have Ertz and Agholor who seems to be living up to his draft spot, atm. I am definitely looking forward to our game as it could be a little bit future sight into the playoffs. Best of luck from here on out...until we play! ?

Edit: Sucks you guys lost Hicks and Peters. Both are very good players. 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:47 AM, jonu62882 said:

I'm very obnoxious! ESPECIALLY up here in the Northwest (Hawks nest).....I've never admitted to these guys up here that their team is good. Throughout the last 15 + years all I have gotten is "crap" flung at me about my team.  Football (sports) always brings out the trash talking in me...It's done in fun, but I understand how it can be annoying for people up in here so I'll cut it back a bit. For me there's only 1 team that's relevant and it's the LA Rams. 

5 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

I'm very obnoxious! ESPECIALLY up here in the Northwest (Hawks nest).....I've never admitted to these guys up here that their team is good. Throughout the last 15 + years all I have gotten is "crap" flung at me about my team.  Football (sports) always brings out the trash talking in me...It's done in fun, but I understand how it can be annoying for people up in here so I'll cut it back a bit. For me there's only 1 team that's relevant and it's the LA Rams. 

Passion is good.  A lot of people live and die by their team.  I don't care much for fairweather fans or people who have multiple "favorite" teams. 

As I said, I look forward to our future game(s) together.  Good luck 'til then.

7 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Antagonizing Seahawk fans? You're doing the Lord's work.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:57 PM, jrry32 said:

Antagonizing Seahawk fans? You're doing the Lord's work.

YEP :D!! Every Friday is "Seahawks Blue Friday" at my work where every damn person gets to wear their Seahawks gear for one day.. (we are a Medical Clinic too). Of course, this day I wear my "Blue" Rams gear :D. I'm the only one in the building minus one other girl who wears her Steelers gear. haha 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I HATE BYE WEEKS!

Same here BUT it’s perfect for the Rams to have guys like Sullivan to get healthy and ready for the Giants game and have the Rams rested from the traveling they have done from Jacksonville to London then obviously heading to New York to face the Giants. Also I want to see Goff put more time into building more chemistry with Watkins. 

You know what's crazy.. We beat the Colts 49-6... Ok that's nice.. We beat the niners.. Meh..

Let's see how they do against Dallas! Ok, Dak and Zeke were off that game(critics).. But it's a nice win.

Let's see how they do vs Jacksonville where west coast teams have been historically bad going out east..(ST won that game meh).

Let's see how they do vs a emerging and rejuvenated Cardinals team.! Meh the cardinals are bad.. 

Feels like it's going to be a narrative of the season for us. I don't mind it. I'm scared in every game we play in tbh.

But the same thing is being said about NY.. That's a tough hungry team don't count them out.

12 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You know what's crazy.. We beat the Colts 49-6... Ok that's nice.. We beat the niners.. Meh..

Let's see how they do against Dallas! Ok, Dak and Zeke were off that game(critics).. But it's a nice win.

Let's see how they do vs Jacksonville where west coast teams have been historically bad going out east..(ST won that game meh).

Let's see how they do vs a emerging and rejuvenated Cardinals team.! Meh the cardinals are bad.. 

Feels like it's going to be a narrative of the season for us. I don't mind it. I'm scared in every game we play in tbh.

But the same thing is being said about NY.. That's a tough hungry team don't count them out.

A win is a win screw what other people think. Especially those teams who trash our wins but struggle against the same teams they shrug at.

Archived