Are the Rams the best team in the NFC?

RamPackFan

First off, I think people are conflicted with the Rams just because they started from the bottom but now they are here. Here is a top notch team. I’m sure the 1999 Rams squad people were saying the same things but until they got to a certain point in the season, people had no choice but to believe. That’s how I feel about this Rams team. 

The crazy thing is, the 1999 Rams team came out of no where. This Rams team we know what they were capable of if Goff took the next step and the team was well coached. Well Goff took that next step and the Rams are well coached. I’ll say it again, last season the Rams started 3-1 and the next 6 games they went 1-5 losing those 5 games by a little over 5ppg. They had a chance in the 4th to beat Buffalo, it took a last drive of the game for Detroit to win, the Rams blew a 10-0 lead in London against the Giants and still had a chance to tie late when Keenum and Quick had a miscommunication in the endzone, Carolina won by a FG, and the Rams blew a 14pt lead in the 4th against the Dolphins. The Rams could’ve easily have been at least 8-2 within that stretch. Now after they blew that 14pt lead against the Dolphins I thought they quit on Fisher and his staff. We all know Fisher got fired and the last 6 games of the season the Rams lost every game and it was by an average of a little over 22ppg.

So the Rams are for real because they have bought into what McVay is saying, the culture is different, the talent is there, the coaching is the there, and they got rid of the dead weight that was holding them back like Fisher and Britt and was the busts in Quick and GRob.

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

If we could improve our Red zone offense and the connection between Goff-Watkins, i will answer yes :D

But i'm still not sold on defense, Ogletree and Barron scares me a lot...

How are you not sold on the defense? They are for real. We see how deadly this defense is with Joyner back. Outside of that long 75yd run by Fournette, from the 2nd half of the Dallas game until now, the Rams have been shutting the run down. The pass defense playing lights out. The Rams are getting sacks from seem like everyone and the are pressuring and forcing takeaways. The only reason why they don’t have more sacks is because they played guys like Wilson and Dak who both can elude out of so many potential sacks.

48 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How are you not sold on the defense? They are for real. We see how deadly this defense is with Joyner back. Outside of that long 75yd run by Fournette, from the 2nd half of the Dallas game until now, the Rams have been shutting the run down. The pass defense playing lights out. The Rams are getting sacks from seem like everyone and the are pressuring and forcing takeaways. The only reason why they don’t have more sacks is because they played guys like Wilson and Dak who both can elude out of so many potential sacks.

We haven't face a top 10 offense yet except maybe the Cowboys so yes i'm still concerned even the defense stepped up in the passing and running game in the last games. 

I'm curious how the Texans offense will play against the Hawks. If they play well, it could be our next challenge, otherwise we will wait to face Brees and know where we are. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

We haven't face a top 10 offense yet except maybe the Cowboys so yes i'm still concerned even the defense stepped up in the passing and running game in the last games. 

I'm curious how the Texans offense will play against the Hawks. If they play well, it could be our next challenge, otherwise we will wait to face Brees and know where we are. 

The thing is we won’t face a great offense outside of Houston, New Orleans, and Philly. The Rams have the talent on defense to slow those teams down. All three of those games are at home too where the Rams aren’t giving up many points. In the case or Philly, they have to travel to Seattle before going to LA so that will be a tough road trip for them. So again I’m confident in our defense because they are settling down in Wade Phillips 3-4 scheme.

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

i watched the game between the Texans and Seahawks and i'm very scared of this game. They put about 500 passing yards against Seattle defense....

You do realize the Seahawks have been giving up big plays a lot this season? They have been saved because they tightened up in the redzone. The Rams should’ve put up 30pts on the Seahawks defense  but they shot themselves in the foot in the redzone. Not to mention the Rams did put up nearly 400yds total offense against the Seahawks themselves. While the Texans offense does look great, let’s not look at the Seahawks defense as the same as it has been and act like we are in awe of what the Texans did. I’m not at least. The Rams defense is better than the Seahawks because they are great against the pass, pressure/sacks at a high rate, take the ball away a lot, and now that they are stopping the run, the Rams are gonna be lethal for any offense to have to deal with. 

31 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Looks like our big showdown with the Eagles got a little tougher.

Eh, I dont completely understand the move. I honestly dont feel like he is anything more than they were running with Blount. 

Without a LT, this move doesnt chance much for me

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Looks like our big showdown with the Eagles got a little tougher.

16/77

Thats what Ajayi had against the Rams last season when they faced him. I think it’s a good move by the Eagles but I don’t think the matchup got tougher with Ajayi added to the Eagles. It’s still gonna be a hard fought game regardless. 

16 hours ago, yrba1 said:

Jason Peters went down, curious to see how Wentz performs against a good defense without his starting LT

This week should show us some things. While the Broncos are a mess, their defense is still darn good. And going against a young QB without a LT, they could have a field day.

Archived