Justice League Snyder Cut (Spoilers!)

Acgott

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think there needed to be a Cyborg movie before this. I thought him being the crux/heart of this movie worked really well in tandem with the Mother Boxes. An original story separate from this movie wouldn't have worked as well IMO.

I actually agree.    

I think Cyborg was the one character they could've developed within this movie simply because his origins are tied to the motherboxes.

Aquaman shouldve definitely came out first and a Flash film as well.

4 hours ago, 43M said:

But WB is apparently rebooting Superman with JJ Abrhams....and I am fairly confident it will be a spectacular failure.

Oh. Well that's a shame. 

Should just hire Denis Villeneuve and stay out of his way. 

I still can't believe the people at the top of Warner Bros. thought it would be a good idea to cram a bunch of new characters in a film, and have the same impact that Avengers did. Justice League felt so rushed. They really need a Kevin Feige. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

This may sound nuts, but give Whedon two more years to tweak it, almost double the run time, and fix the VFX on Steppenwolf, and I'm sure that's markedly improved as well.

Agreed. I still don't believe at all that the Snyder cut is what he would have put out in 2017 if he had stayed.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed. I still don't believe at all that the Snyder cut is what he would have put out in 2017 if he had stayed.

Not at all. He would have had to cut at least an hour from this. No studio is putting out a superhero movie over 3 hours unless it's an absolute sure smash, like Endgame.

I said it in my post after watching, the challenge is making a good and coherent movie in less than 3 hours. As @THE DUKE has said, of course a 4 hour movie is going to have more detail and make more sense. I don't agree Whedon's version would have been better than this, but a longer cut pretty much always improves movies.

• Like 1

Started watching the Justice is Gray version. Stopped after 2 minutes to just watch the colored version again. Loved it. Could watch it again honestly.

Biggest issue is honestly just how Barry Allen runs. Especially right before he goes back in time; he gives himself a pep talk about how fast he has to run and then his stance is just awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Started watching the Justice is Gray version. Stopped after 2 minutes to just watch the colored version again. Loved it. Could watch it again honestly.

Biggest issue is honestly just how Barry Allen runs. Especially right before he goes back in time; he gives himself a pep talk about how fast he has to run and then his stance is just awful.

He looks like he's throwing yu gi oh cards or some ish. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I dont have an issue with his running (although it is silly), but I thought the pep talk was stupid too....but I disliked 80% of everything about the Flash.

10 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont have an issue with his running (although it is silly), but I thought the pep talk was stupid too....but I disliked 80% of everything about the Flash.

My big problem with the climax of the entire freaking movie, if he can go from a stand still straight to speed of light reverse time speed, why the hell was he running in a big circle building charge that long?  How about, stay hidden and give him a 5 count to build charge so he isn't a constant target.  And yeah, the pep talk was dumb, because it referenced all of a 30 second conversation in one scene with his dad talking about a rule that hasn't been mentioned in the previous 4 hours or any movie before it.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:38 AM, THE DUKE said:

My big problem with the climax of the entire freaking movie, if he can go from a stand still straight to speed of light reverse time speed, why the hell was he running in a big circle building charge that long?  How about, stay hidden and give him a 5 count to build charge so he isn't a constant target.  And yeah, the pep talk was dumb, because it referenced all of a 30 second conversation in one scene with his dad talking about a rule that hasn't been mentioned in the previous 4 hours or any movie before it.

Well he did talk about the rule earlier. Before they resurrected Superman he said that if he approaches light speed then he can create a huge electrical charge, but as a rule he doesn't like to do that because crazy things happen to time. That's also why he had to run in the circle. That was the only way to get a charge big enough to help Cyborg enter the unity without approaching light speed.

So when he said he had to break the rule, he was breaking his light speed rule so he could attempt to go back in time.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well he did talk about the rule earlier. Before they resurrected Superman he said that if he approaches light speed then he can create a huge electrical charge, but as a rule he doesn't like to do that because crazy things happen to time. That's also why he had to run in the circle. That was the only way to get a charge big enough to help Cyborg enter the unity without approaching light speed.

So when he said he had to break the rule, he was breaking his light speed rule so he could attempt to go back in time.

I can shuffle my feet on the carpet to create a charge tbh