Justice League Snyder Cut (Spoilers!)

Acgott

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Could’ve cut down on the slo motion scenes 

Zack Snyder will slap you where you stand, sir.

I’m glad the Flash has finally given him a narrative reason at least for slow mo he’s pumped into everything.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Zack Snyder will slap you where you stand, sir.

I’m glad the Flash has finally given him a narrative reason at least for slow mo he’s pumped into everything.

totally agree that the flash literally gives a reason for snyder to do his typical thing.

Definitely an upgrade. Still not a fan of the film, but at least it's at average level. I guess I really hadn't seen a Zack Snyder film in a long time, because I just am not a fan of his directing style. Or rather, my tolerance for it has plummeted the more time has gone by. The movie largely feels like a 4 hour Linkin Park music video. I think he has a lot of good ideas, but focuses way too much on grandiose visuals/getting caught up in a "moment" than actually telling a good story first and foremost. Almost like reading a comic and having a splash page or pin-up every 3 pages. 

At least Steppenwolf was cool. Ezra Miller as Barry Allen doesn't work at all for me. Still think the CGI on Cyborg looks awful. Some of the other scenes like the dream sequence was awkwardly placed, and there is just way too many jumping around with multiple characters we don't have time to be invested in, even with 4 hours. 

Still would have liked it DC just cooled their jets, and instead of rushing to make a JL film, invested in only Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman solo films first. Then have a team up with just the big three. Call it "World's Finest" or something. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

BTW, I guess Darkseid just forgot about Earth for 5K years. Yeah he's conquered thousands of planets, but Earth was the only place he was defeated. And he already knew the anti-life equation was there, but the way it plays out is that Steppenwolf "discovers" it's presence on Earth. Darkseid acts like he's never been there before. Seems like a big plot hole. 

Mera also said her parents died, but in the Aquaman film Dolph Lungren is her pops. Hunh? And then her strange accent came out of nowhere. K.

Also loved that Martian Manhunter has been around since Man of Steel, but I guess was a healthy scratch after the Earth was in immanent danger 2 or 3 times. 

Lastly, Batman's "I WILL ******* KILL YOU..." Oof. Don't call cut me with all that edge Bruce. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Anyone else feel like this really should have been the main plot in Justice League 2?  (assuming they took the long road approach like Marvel did).  The movie would shorten by cutting out the recruiting segments.  The characters would be a bit more developed.  Cyborg's story could have been put in place with JL1.

More villains introduced in the origin movies.  Some of the villains could have banded together for JL1 Legion of Doom/Injustice League style.  That brings the team together.  They reunite when Batman and WW start detecting the presence of the Parademons.  Enter Steppenwolf, which leads to Darkseid.

Edited by INbengalfan

It was really, really blah. Felt like they tried to cram in so much. I don't get Snyder's obsession with having really bad music in his movie's, do they really need to play that theme every time Wonder Woman does anything? 

DC really needs to just reboot everything at this point. Get in some people who can do these characters justice and develop an interesting story over several movies. Until then they're going to keep floundering along and never be as good as the MCU. 

• Like 1