Bills sign QB Mitch Trubisky (1 year deal, $2.5M)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Like....where? Oh, Andy said more than 1 team wanted him. Case closed. 

Sounds like a sad state for the franchise to be in. Don't do what's best for the team, do what's best for you personally. 

What would be the point in him lying about it? Rap said on the 15th several teams were interested in him. Like I said where have you been? No duh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Did you look at the defenses he played against at the end of last year? You may want to rethink your question you posed to us earlier. Why were teams flocking to Andy Dalton trying to sign him and Mitch sat on the market with almost no suitors? Maybe it's because the stats you quoted was the real illusion. It doesn't matter to the Bears who's more "promising" for the future. Can Mitch run Nagy's offense? No. There's your reason why he's no longer here. 

Trubisky fattened up on bad defenses in 2020 for sure.

So did Dalton with 3 stud WRs and Zeke

• Philly, Minnesota, Kyle Allen Bungles

Dalton did (sorta) put up 41 on SF. Lets take a look.

• CeeDee Lamb had a kick return.
  • The Cowboys were +4 in turnovers.
  • Four of the Cowboys scoring drives started in SF territory
    • 22(TD) 24(TD) 28(FG) 44(TD on a 40 yard Pollard run)
  • Every QB in the NFL can put up 41 like that. Jeff George could probably do that at 53.

How about that late season Eagles game?

The way Dalton was dropping dimes to those 3 WRs while being covered by:

• Grayland Arnold (42 snaps) (PFF 45.6)
  • Michael Jacquet (40 snaps) (did not play enough for a PFF grade)
    • This dude had 2 NFL starts
      • Kyler Murray put up 406 and 29.
      • Dalton went for 377 and 15
  • K'vonn Wallace (19 snaps) (PFF 51.7)

Dalton made sure not to throw near Darius Slay(69 snaps) too often, but only a fool would with those other chumps on the field.

• Mills at one safety was competent (70 snaps)
  • NRC(41 snaps) is not great, but is at least belongs in the league at times (PFF 51 for 2020)
  • Marcus Epps (40 snaps) actually graded out well in 2020 (PFF 75.1)

The term for that Eagles secondary with those dudes on the field was exploitable.

13 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

What would be the point in him lying about it? Rap said on the 15th several teams were interested in him. Like I said where have you been? No duh. 

Not sure why you're getting so bent on this, we're just talking 😂

The point of him lying? Personal ego / spoon-feeding fans like you what you want to hear. Rapoport also gets scoops directly from agents. There's no telling how accurate that report is or how legitimate the interest was. Team calls and says they're interested in him as a 3rd string QB, that's technically a team expressing interest. 

But I'll leave this where I started it. If you want to believe that Andy Dalton makes more sense than Trubisky, I'm happy to let you believe that. 

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The staff became unsure that Mitch could ever be a decent starter. They'd given him enough time, and his consistency issues remained. Mitch may never be more than a backup. One thing's for sure though, whatever potential he has left was unlikely to be tapped in Chicago. Mitch's problems are entirely mental, and the pressure of being the Bears starter (as well as being "that guy that was drafted before Mahommes and Watson") wasn't doing him a bit of good. He needed a change of scenery.

The only legitimate justification is if the Bears bring in a rookie QB and believe Andy Dalton is positioned as a strong mentor as a former 1st round pick with several years of relative success. But if you're trying to convince me that marching out a dead-end, aging, arguably worse QB is a better move than giving your top 5 pick another year to continue showing the same progress that he showed while leading your team to the playoffs, I'm going to politely but vehemently disagree. 

• Like 2

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

The only legitimate justification is if the Bears bring in a rookie QB and believe Andy Dalton is positioned as a strong mentor as a former 1st round pick with several years of relative success. But if you're trying to convince me that marching out a dead-end, aging, arguably worse QB is a better move than giving your top 5 pick another year to continue showing the same progress that he showed while leading your team to the playoffs, I'm going to politely but vehemently disagree. 

They'll draft a kid, for sure. MAYBE trade for Darnold (if he's available). 

I don't know that Dalton is worse than Mitch, though. That's debatable. Upside Mitch will make you stand up and cheer. Haywire Mitch will make you pull your hair out by the roots. At least Dalton is steady, by and large. 

And as far as Mitch showing progress goes...that's a complicated deal. A lot of the late-season offensive resurgence of the Bears had little to do with Mitch. We did see more Upside Mitch, though. 

I wish the best for Mitch and I’m bummed to see him go even if he was a let down. Kinda hope Allen misses a few games so Mitch can come in. I was hoping he would go somewhere he could have definite playing time, but the bills are one of the mentally healthiest teams and have a good supporting cast. 

35 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Not sure why you're getting so bent on this, we're just talking 😂

The point of him lying? Personal ego / spoon-feeding fans like you what you want to hear. Rapoport also gets scoops directly from agents. There's no telling how accurate that report is or how legitimate the interest was. Team calls and says they're interested in him as a 3rd string QB, that's technically a team expressing interest. 

But I'll leave this where I started it. If you want to believe that Andy Dalton makes more sense than Trubisky, I'm happy to let you believe that. 

He does and that's why he's here. Like I said earlier. It's just reality. 

38 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Chicago has never had one outstanding QB in the history of their organization and they are completely content with that.  

Where's the evidence for that? Saying we can't pick one is one thing. Saying they are content is another. It's just pure incompetence especially with this group. 

Edited by GOGRIESE