Jump to content

Bills sign QB Mitch Trubisky (1 year deal, $2.5M)


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Nut said:

He's an average at best quarterback in a weak market.

Where could he possibly go where he'd have a shot to compete to start?

Washington (before they signed Fitz), Denver, New England, Carolina, Houston, probably a few others too where he would at least have a better chance of seeing the field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Washington (before they signed Fitz), Denver, New England, Carolina, Houston, probably a few others too where he would at least have a better chance of seeing the field. 

He's not a big enough upgrade over Lock for DEN to consider.

Belichick seems to be content with Cam as his bridge QB (plus he'll have a LOT more upside if he can get a full training camp to get in sync with the offense) and is all but guaranteed to draft a QB.

CAR is stuck with Bridgewater for 2021.

HOU would either get the second pick from NYJ or Tua from MIA if they trade Watson.

Edited by Nut
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nut said:

He's not a big enough upgrade over Lock for DEN to consider.

Belichick seems to be content with Cam as his bridge QB (plus he'll have a LOT more upside if he can get a full training camp to get in sync with the offense) and is all but guaranteed to draft a QB.

CAR is stuck with Bridgewater for 2021.

HOU would either get the second pick from NYJ or Tua from MIA if they trade Watson.

Who is Denver going to sign that is going to come in and immediately unseat Lock? I said Trubisky could be in competition somewhere, and he would definitely be in competition/serve as pressure for Lock (frankly he's probably better than Lock, but I agree that it's marginal enough to where giving Lock one more shot is probably the more worthwhile option)

NE is definitely not guaranteed to draft a QB lol, they pick 15 and BB is averse to trading up. It could happen, but is far from a guarantee. 

I doubt Bridgewater is even on Carolina's roster next season

and Houston signed Tyrod, Trubisky is would've been a similar (but higher potential) filler for that same role, and the Watson situation is far from over so I have no idea what compensation they're going to end up getting, and neither do they. 

Again, my point isn't even that Trubisky should be a walk-on starter for a team next year, it's just that there were multiple other spots he could've picked that would put him in a more likely situation to see the field and/or compete to be the starter. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Wait.

Has he announced his retirement? He's not that old and is still OK as a backup I thought.

He has the knowledge and ability but his arm is dead. Very likable guy and knew our playbook in and out but he just cant make NFL type throws anymore. He may make a roster just on his ability to learn an offense and to be able to run a team but at some point it would be cool to prolong his football career by getting into coaching

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Mitch should or could compete for any starting job didn't watch him or doesn't have a single clue as to what they're talking about. This is a slight overpay and let's not even assume he's a lock to make the team. He's a camp arm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Anyone who thinks Mitch should or could compete for any starting job didn't watch him or doesn't have a single clue as to what they're talking about. This is a slight overpay and let's not even assume he's a lock to make the team. He's a camp arm. 

You are insane if you think a guy with Trubisky's level of talent is a camp arm.  We are talking about a guy with 40+ NFL starts, who completes 67% of his passes, is a 2:1 guy, wins more games than he loses and has taken his team to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years in the league.  There are certainly other places he could have gone that would have given him a better chance to start.  Definitely seems like a move he made to get separation and get some good coaching.  Cant say as I blame him, he clearly hasnt been coached well, and the media has spent the last 4 years killing him for things that are not his fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Anyone who thinks Mitch should or could compete for any starting job didn't watch him or doesn't have a single clue as to what they're talking about. This is a slight overpay and let's not even assume he's a lock to make the team. He's a camp arm. 

This is a terrible read. He’s not great but he does belong in the league lol. He’s already better than a lot of backups 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You are insane if you think a guy with Trubisky's level of talent is a camp arm.  We are talking about a guy with 40+ NFL starts, who completes 67% of his passes, is a 2:1 guy, wins more games than he loses and has taken his team to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years in the league.  There are certainly other places he could have gone that would have given him a better chance to start.  Definitely seems like a move he made to get separation and get some good coaching.  Cant say as I blame him, he clearly hasnt been coached well, and the media has spent the last 4 years killing him for things that are not his fault.

I just threw up in my mouth. This is every excuse I've read for the last 4 years. Their's a reason he sprinted to sign a contract worth less than our K.  Because that's clearly the best offer he will ever get. Trubisky is terrible and I hope all the excuses for horrible play leave with him and never come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 4:00 PM, Damikeeeee said:

I just threw up in my mouth. This is every excuse I've read for the last 4 years. Their's a reason he sprinted to sign a contract worth less than our K.  Because that's clearly the best offer he will ever get. Trubisky is terrible and I hope all the excuses for horrible play leave with him and never come back.

This is just sooooo bad.  You said he's a camp arm, which by implication means you believe there are at least 64 QBs in the league better than him.  I give you facts that show he is an average NFL starter ( somewhere around 20 or so, I would say) and you fire back with I'm making excuses.  Here's some more I guess.  The other 4 QBs who started games for the Bears won a combined...checks math...4 games.  4!!! Out of 15.  The best of which Chase Daniel went 2-2 while throwing for 6 TDs and 4 INTs.  Mitch is clearly better than 2 high level backups in Daniel and Foles and you are trying to say he doesnt belong in the league.  

12 hours ago, BearFromArgentina said:

Trubisky is not that bad, but he is miles away from a finished product. He wont be a good starter anywhere, despite four years of experencie in the league. I like the move for him, is smart long term.

I think, and I think the 2nd half performance for him last year backs it up, that he would really excel in a Shanahan style offense.  Its taylor made for the things he does best, playacting, rollouts, boots.  Allow him to be on the move where he seems to be most comfortable.  Hes not a drop 5 steps, and let it rip when the back foot hits guy.  That's why my nightmare scenario was him ending up in Minny bc he fits what they want to do so well.  I thought maybe Denver might bring him in as the contingency plan for Locke, similar to Tannehill and Mariota.  I will not be shocked if he gets traded before the start of the season to replace somebody's starter who suffers a catastrophic injury in camp.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This is just sooooo bad.  You said he's a camp arm, which by implication means you believe there are at least 64 QBs in the league better than him.  I give you facts that show he is an average NFL starter ( somewhere around 20 or so, I would say) and you fire back with I'm making excuses.  Here's some more I guess.  The other 4 QBs who started games for the Bears won a combined...checks math...4 games.  4!!! Out of 15.  The best of which Chase Daniel went 2-2 while throwing for 6 TDs and 4 INTs.  Mitch is clearly better than 2 high level backups in Daniel and Foles and you are trying to say he doesnt belong in the league.  

I think, and I think the 2nd half performance for him last year backs it up, that he would really excel in a Shanahan style offense.  Its taylor made for the things he does best, playacting, rollouts, boots.  Allow him to be on the move where he seems to be most comfortable.  Hes not a drop 5 steps, and let it rip when the back foot hits guy.  That's why my nightmare scenario was him ending up in Minny bc he fits what they want to do so well.  I thought maybe Denver might bring him in as the contingency plan for Locke, similar to Tannehill and Mariota.  I will not be shocked if he gets traded before the start of the season to replace somebody's starter who suffers a catastrophic injury in camp.  

Mitch is in the 20s!  How do I make this quote my signature?  Around 20 😂😂😂  This is the greatest quote I've ever read on a forum in close to 20 years. Well done. 

You're right. I'm slightly exaggerating but not much. Compare Mitch to guys who were brought in to play. Why compare him to Chase Daniels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, Damikeeeee said:

Anyone who thinks Mitch should or could compete for any starting job didn't watch him or doesn't have a single clue as to what they're talking about. This is a slight overpay and let's not even assume he's a lock to make the team. He's a camp arm. 

Lmfao what kind of take is this? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...