Dolphins sign WR Will Fuller. (1 year, $10M)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

We will probably try to trade back. Either way, we're still taking a WR in the first. Signing Fuller doesn't change that.

Right, but if you trade back with Carolina (the most aggressive team in making bids for QB's - they offered 1.8 for Stafford) - you could still get a top 3 WR (and maybe even the top one you want if someone falls in love with another guy), and pocket a 2022 1st and a day 2 pick at a minimum.   Or a team in the teens, and still get a great WR, and possibly 2 future 1sts.... 

The 2021 WR class having great top-end talent only helps Miami here.    It's hard to think GM Grier won't leverage that.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Does this realistically stop them from drafting Chase/Smith/Waddle? Or do they go Sewell?

Trade back, and still get a top 3 WR, pocket premium future picks in the process.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We will probably try to trade back. Either way, we're still taking a WR in the first. Signing Fuller doesn't change that.

This was my thinking as well. Trade down accumulating more draft picks but still add one of these talented WRs. Unless they think Sewell is the answer at LT for the next 10+ years.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Right, but if you trade back with Carolina (the most aggressive team in making bids for QB's - they offered 1.8 for Stafford) - you could still get a top 3 WR (and maybe even the top one you want if someone falls in love with another guy), and pocket a 2022 1st and a day 2 pick at a minimum.   Or a team in the teens, and still get a great WR, and possibly 2 future 1sts.... 

The 2021 WR class having great top-end talent only helps Miami here.    It's hard to think GM Grier won't leverage that.

Yep. Looking forward to the draft.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Does this realistically stop them from drafting Chase/Smith/Waddle? Or do they go Sewell?

Nah I think Wr is the move they are looking at. Realistically I see them trying to trade back and hope one of the 3 fall to them. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

This was my thinking as well. Trade down accumulating more draft picks but still add one of these talented WRs. Unless they think Sewell is the answer at LT for the next 10+ years.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Sewel. We may still do it. Although my thoughts going into the draft was LB & WR. We addressed LB partially by acquiring McKinley but we could still use help at the position. Although it would make it easier to go OT/WR instead.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Sewel. We may still do it. Although my thoughts going into the draft was LB & WR. We addressed LB partially by acquiring McKinley but we could still use help at the position. Although it would make it easier to go OT/WR instead.

My only issue with Sewel is that LT is not the issue, Tua being a lefty, RT is his blind side. I'd assume Sewel could play both just as effectively. 

As someone rooting for Miami through this rebuild, I really hope they just stay pat and grab Sewell. Having a legit franchise LT prospect like that is massive for a team trying to maximize the value of their sophomore franchise QB. Plenty of good WRs will still be available by the time their next pick is up. 

6 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Would Kyle Pitts be in the mix as well possibly four different options.

I believe they will consider him as well. I myself haven't been a proponent of drafting him at 3, but I can't deny the guy has physical gifts and talent. Considering Gesicki is entering the 4th year of his rookie deal, it wouldn't surprise me. 

Edited by Phinsesq

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Or they can trade back to a QB-needy team and still get a great player - and haul in a mint for 2022+ picks.   They've got all the leverage now, because they're not pinned into having to take a WR early.   

They wouldn't be pinned early to take a WR anyway - 3 great receivers in this class

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Totally agree.   If you have legit talent, and the market is this soft - try again next year, when the cap could go up as much as 40M per team.   

Smart move in general but Fuller gets hurt so often it might hurt him lol. 

This fit makes total sense though. I can see him doing well in Miami. He is their type of WR