Browns sign CB Troy Hill

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d still like Kyle Fuller 

That’d be a lot of money 

maybe pay him a crazy 1 year deal. And then we can gauge Denzel’s health and the type of contract he’ll command. Because either way we are barely spending anything at linebacker and as of right now Myles is the only big pay player in our front 7. Restructure Richardson sign Fuller. You gotta have insurance with Denzels injury history anyway 

I'd sooner go a lower tier of corner or give a medium contract to adore jackson. 

You can throw together secondary for a year in free agency

I love how berry has handled the off season so far. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd sooner go a lower tier of corner or give a medium contract to adore jackson. 

You can throw together secondary for a year in free agency

I love how berry has handled the off season so far. 

That's the guy I want is Adoree Jackson. Kyle Fuller is very good but I think Jackson still has a ton of upside and if anything he definitely has speed and comes in at a much lower price. He also is still young

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hopefully we use him there and not try to play him as the number 2. 

Honestly, it's fine if we do.  This guy is versatile, which is why this signing makes so much sense.

Obviously, there are lots of differing opinions on Joe Woods, but one of his preferences is versatility from the DB's.

I love this signing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I had no doubt he graded well via PFF when we signed him as they clearly value their grades.

I know people like to **** on pff because it doesn’t always match what they personally think, but I like their grades tbh. Their grades typically reflect what I’ve seen, but I’m not a pro scout who watches all 22 like some here 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Honestly, it's fine if we do.  This guy is versatile, which is why this signing makes so much sense.

Obviously, there are lots of differing opinions on Joe Woods, but one of his preferences is versatility from the DB's.

I love this signing.

And at this moment, he’s definitely our number 2 if Greedy can’t go.

Even if that’s the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets bumped inside when they bring in a 3rd corner.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I love this signing.

Absolutely! And now, we have 6 viable DB's, when we really only had 1-2 last year. 

Harrison, Delpit, and Johnson is a fantastic trio of S.

Ward, Greedy, and Hill are a good group of CB.

Even if Greedy is hurt and one of those S is hurt/doesn't pan out, that gives us Hill and Ward (Hill ideally would be a slot, but he's absolutely an upgrade outside over Mitchell and whoever else we had last year) with any combination of the 2 above, who aren't named Sendejo.

Granted, with those plethora of DB's, ideally we will run almost exclusively a nickel/big nickel variation the majority of the time.

The signing is good but I don't think it's any indication that we won't spend a higher pick on an outside CB. We know how the room is made of glass so Berry definitely is aware of it. 

Moves like this are so good because DE, DT, CB, and LB are now kind of all the same priority level. We're missing a standout starter at each position but the group as a whole isn't trash. Draft solidly with these four positions in Rounds 1-3 and I think we have a decent defense next season. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The signing is good but I don't think it's any indication that we won't spend a higher pick on an outside CB. We know how the room is made of glass so Berry definitely is aware of it. 

Moves like this are so good because DE, DT, CB, and LB are now kind of all the same priority level. We're missing a standout starter at each position but the group as a whole isn't trash. Draft solidly with these four positions in Rounds 1-3 and I think we have a decent defense next season. 

Yeah I agree, I think we’re going to draft a corner and safety almost assuredly.  How high will depend on who’s available, but I think they know we need a huge infusion of talent.

Based on the constant chatter of wanting to run lots of nickel and dime, I think we likely keep 11 DB’s and with the fragility of the group all of them had better be able to contribute.