Can Nelson Spruce play?

WindyCity

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears are beyond desperate at WR.

They just added Nelson Spruce to the PR and we are wondering if there is any chance that this guy can catch a couple passes this season?

Any information would be awesome.

I was always a fan of him. Great hands, reliable and has a lot of heart.  The only problem is he's not very durable but if he can hold up he can be a reliable slot guy. 

It's honestly hard to tell if he can play. He's been hurt a lot but what little we saw was a good route runner with good hands. Not especially fast but a hard worker. I hope for him and you guys he stays healthy because a young QB needs a sure handed target. Best of luck with him.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Thanks

Loving the resurgence of the Rams.

We all have a man crush on McVay and are looking at LaFleaur as a possible HC.

Careful with that, he isn't calling plays he's mostly installing the game plan and along with Olsen he's guiding Goff. He did call plays the last couple preseason games though. It would be interesting to see what he's absorbed from McVay.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Careful with that, he isn't calling plays he's mostly installing the game plan and along with Olsen he's guiding Goff. He did call plays the last couple preseason games though. It would be interesting to see what he's absorbed from McVay.

Has spent a decade with McVay and Shannahan, which interests us a great deal.

We just need someone who can develop a QB and he has been around for some great QB improvements.

I feel like the Bears are the 2016 Rams. Good defense, Young QB, Good RB, No WRs and a coach way past his prime in Fox and Fisher.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Has spent a decade with McVay and Shannahan, which interests us a great deal.

We just need someone who can develop a QB and he has been around for some great QB improvements.

I feel like the Bears are the 2016 Rams. Good defense, Young QB, Good RB, No WRs and a coach way past his prime in Fox and Fisher.

Absolutely he's been around some good offensive minds the question I have is the same I had last year with us in the coaching search. Both the Saints and Chiefs OC are and will be candidates but they're OC's that have never called the plays. It's great to be the OC in such good offenses but how much have they learned. LeFleur has a great resume but there is that one box unchecked and that's calling plays himself. You're right though there are a lot of similarities between the teams best of luck.

58 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Spruce will catch what you throw to him and find holes in coverage, but he's not athletic enough to be a major threat.

At this point we just need guys to catch the ball.

our WR core was bad before it got decimated by injuries.

At this point they are just trying to piece it together till the end of the season.

Archived