Titans sign CB Kevin Johnson

ttitansfan4life

Trying not to hate the secondary...let’s look at it in the context of 2020 and compare it to 2021..

- Still have Byard.

- Hooker should be able to step in and atleast be equal to or better then Vacarro.

- Jenkins is a downgrade from Butler in my mind, but we’ll see how substantial. However, the money saved helps in other areas.

- Fulton will be better than his 2020 version.

- Adoree really didn’t offer much to us in 2020, so replacing him *production wise* isn’t much of a task.

- The depth is about the same.

If we’re being honest the secondary didn’t really get worse than what we had in 2020. But that’s the problem. There’s no improvement (on paper) to what was the worst Titans pass defense I’ve seen in my life and that’s a problem. We’ll see what the draft nets us.

Edit: I totally forgot about King. We are definitely worse so disregard LOL

Edited by dtait93

So disgusting. If we don't go after Fuller then ima be so sad. And I guess we throwing all our passes to AJ next year. I've been wait and see but I'm not feeling good about this at all. Restructure Tannehill and sign Juju and Fuller and the offseason is saved lol don't see that happening though. Man this sucks

25 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

So disgusting. If we don't go after Fuller then ima be so sad. And I guess we throwing all our passes to AJ next year. I've been wait and see but I'm not feeling good about this at all. Restructure Tannehill and sign Juju and Fuller and the offseason is saved lol don't see that happening though. Man this sucks

Be prepared for sadness

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm entertained. lol

These last few days have been great. 
I love the team building part of the NFL. Always anxious to see how these plans work out for teams. 

Same. I get more excited for free agency and the draft than for the actual season.

I trust JRob. It’s been a weird FA so far, but I knew the team was in a very tough spot to start.

20 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol you guys overreact to everything. Lets see how it plays out before we start hanging people.

I swear they do bruh.. titans fans have embarrassed the hell out of me the last few days.. make a move they like, JROB is a GOD, make a move they don't like, get rid of the guy... half the people have never even noticed or seen Kevin Johnson play... people from Cleveland last year seem to think he did well in the slot for them.. I swear some of these "fans" make me sick... what gets lost in this is our starting defense is now set.. we are going into the draft with NO starting holes on defense which is a major accomplishment. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I swear they do bruh.. titans fans have embarrassed the hell out of me the last few days.. make a move they like, JROB is a GOD, make a move they don't like, get rid of the guy... half the people have never even noticed or seen Kevin Johnson play... people from Cleveland last year seem to think he did well in the slot for them.. I swear some of these "fans" make me sick... what gets lost in this is our starting defense is now set.. we are going into the draft with NO starting holes on defense which is a major accomplishment. 

Who’s the starting NT?

22 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Wtf are you talking about? Just because you add trash to the team doesn’t make it to where’s there no holes. Still need two starting caliber CBs and a NT. If they add someone like Fuller or Nelson who are two very good CBs, then yes it’s a major accomplishment considering how many holes they created this offseason. 

I think like it not, they are counting on Fulton to be a starter. 
Drafted him in the 2nd and think he can be a starter. 

No different than drafting a guy this year in the 2nd or 1st and expecting him to start. Yes Fulton is an unknown but any rookie will be unknown. 

Fulton and Jenkins are the starting Corners as of now instead of Butler and Adoree. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, dtait93 said:

Trying not to hate the secondary...let’s look at it in the context of 2020 and compare it to 2021..

- Still have Byard.

- Hooker should be able to step in and atleast be equal to or better then Vacarro.

- Jenkins is a downgrade from Butler in my mind, but we’ll see how substantial. However, the money saved helps in other areas.

- Fulton will be better than his 2020 version.

- Adoree really didn’t offer much to us in 2020, so replacing him *production wise* isn’t much of a task.

- The depth is about the same.

If we’re being honest the secondary didn’t really get worse than what we had in 2020. But that’s the problem. There’s no improvement (on paper) to what was the worst Titans pass defense I’ve seen in my life and that’s a problem. We’ll see what the draft nets us.

Edit: I totally forgot about King. We are definitely worse so disregard LOL

Jenkins is an upgrade over Butler not even close, Jenkins can play man butler can’t he’s a press man zone corner strictly. It’s a reason butler avg at the bottom every yr as 1 of the most targeted CB’s & rec/ yards allowed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Jenkins is an upgrade over Butler not even close, Jenkins can play man butler can’t he’s a press man zone corner strictly. It’s a reason butler avg at the bottom every yr as 1 of the most targeted CB’s & rec/ yards allowed 

Hopefully your right man. I typically like your CB evals 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It's why I wanted to cut Butler. He's a zone corner only and I think the Titans are trying to play more man. Same reason we let King walk too