Jump to content

Titans sign CB Kevin Johnson


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Hopefully your right man. I typically like your CB evals 

Appreciate my guy I really hope we add another solid corner maybe via trade & going into draft looking for WR & edge rushers but if not I want Jayce horn reminds me of Gilmore 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wtf are you talking about? Just because you add trash to the team doesn’t make it to where’s there no holes. Still need two starting caliber CBs and a NT. If they add someone like Fuller or Nelson who are two very good CBs, then yes it’s a major accomplishment considering how many holes they created this offseason. 

dude wtf are you talking about.. why can't y'all understand that Jenkins and Fulton ARE THE STARTING CB's.. Johnson has an inside job at the nickel.. NT isn't that big of an issue because we aren't in base defense but 30% of the time.. most times we are in nickel which means the DT's are Simmons and Autry.. we can go get NT in the draft or sign a vet, but I don't consider NT a starting position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

dude wtf are you talking about.. why can't y'all understand that Jenkins and Fulton ARE THE STARTING CB's.. Johnson has an inside job at the nickel.. NT isn't that big of an issue because we aren't in base defense but 30% of the time.. most times we are in nickel which means the DT's are Simmons and Autry.. we can go get NT in the draft or sign a vet, but I don't consider NT a starting position. 

I would have NT pretty high up the list of needs though, since the starting NT is also the No. 3 DL. And right now are top three are presumably those two and either Tart or Murchison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Jenkins is an upgrade over Butler not even close, Jenkins can play man butler can’t he’s a press man zone corner strictly. It’s a reason butler avg at the bottom every yr as 1 of the most targeted CB’s & rec/ yards allowed 

I agree. And KB should get back to normal if we have s pass rush. And I like hooker over Kenny tbh. Its the rest of the dbs rhat worry me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

I agree. And KB should get back to normal if we have s pass rush. And I like hooker over Kenny tbh. Its the rest of the dbs rhat worry me.

A healthy Fulton with a full offseason should theoretically be better than what we had on the other side of Butler the majority of last season too. Ultimately you pick up guys in the 2nd round who you believe can eventually start for you. I think the decision to let go of Butler and Adoree was obviously party financial, but also Robinson trusting his draft pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

I agree. And KB should get back to normal if we have s pass rush. And I like hooker over Kenny tbh. Its the rest of the dbs rhat worry me.

A big reason why I’m loving the moves being made. See one thing I loved about **** Lebeau was he catered his system to the skillset of his players. The yr Byard led the league in pics, he played Byard to his strengths, center fielder let him roam in coverage & bait QB’s. Lebeau also played Jackson to his strengths which was primarily let him cover in man, because adoree sucks in zone playing off coverage because he doesn’t understand route concepts, which is why he never gets a lot of ints, he’s not aggressive far as jumping routes taking chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dtait93 said:

A healthy Fulton with a full offseason should theoretically be better than what we had on the other side of Butler the majority of last season too. Ultimately you pick up guys in the 2nd round who you believe can eventually start for you. I think the decision to let go of Butler and Adoree was obviously party financial, but also Robinson trusting his draft pick.

Imma be honest I didn't look up on him so I don't have an idea of his potential. And you're right.  As a rookie not having a real offseason at dB then being asked to play slot and not his normal outside with injuries AND no pass rush. Thats a big ask imo. So maybe he makes big steps like jmac and AV did. So ight jackrabbit and Fulton is the move lol maybe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulton and Jenkins are a upgrade over what we had a majority of the year last year.  Yes Adoree is better then both of them but he hardly played.   We are okay in the secondary right now add a draft pick for depth.   The problem is okay might not be good enough if we don’t fix the lack of pass rush from the front line.   If we don’t get pressure then no we don’t have a good enough secondary to cover 

still we also have a huge hole on the O side loosing Juno and Corey is a big blow to our down field passing game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 4:17 PM, quiller said:

Fulton and Jenkins are a upgrade over what we had a majority of the year last year.  Yes Adoree is better then both of them but he hardly played.   We are okay in the secondary right now add a draft pick for depth.   The problem is okay might not be good enough if we don’t fix the lack of pass rush from the front line.   If we don’t get pressure then no we don’t have a good enough secondary to cover 

still we also have a huge hole on the O side loosing Juno and Corey is a big blow to our down field passing game 

Adoree isn't better than Jenkins. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, TitanRedd said:

A big reason why I’m loving the moves being made. See one thing I loved about **** Lebeau was he catered his system to the skillset of his players. The yr Byard led the league in pics, he played Byard to his strengths, center fielder let him roam in coverage & bait QB’s. Lebeau also played Jackson to his strengths which was primarily let him cover in man, because adoree sucks in zone playing off coverage because he doesn’t understand route concepts, which is why he never gets a lot of ints, he’s not aggressive far as jumping routes taking chances. 

It's almost like the dude is one of the single greatest defensive assistants of all time or something

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

It's almost like the dude is one of the single greatest defensive assistants of all time or something

He simply understands football from a X’s & O’s stand point, Lebeau, Phillips, & belichick to me are mad geniuses far as playing to their personnel strengths. Most coaches demand players to play within their system but with them it’s about them building their system around their players skillset. That’s how you win football games 

Edited by TitanRedd
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...