Bears release CB Kyle Fuller

Turnobili

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

He was okay, but probowls in 2018(allpro) and 2019

As a packers fan, i would rather face Dalton than mitch and fuller

As a Packer fan you should never ever have to worry about playing the Bears for as long as Rodgers is the QB there

13 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Denver would be a nice spot for him

And there's a ton of interest.   Fangio loves him, Fuller is a perfect fit.  And he's young.  Paired with Darby, our weakest area is suddenly a strength.

And the interest is real, we have the cap space, and GM Paton will make a strong bid.

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And there's a ton of interest.   Fangio loves him, Fuller is a perfect fit.  And he's young.  Paired with Darby, our weakest area is suddenly a strength.

And the interest is real, we have the cap space, and GM Paton will make a strong bid.

I hope Paton works out for you. 

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I hope Paton works out for you. 

Thx, I'm encouraged by his start:

1.  Bid on Stafford.

2.  Won't commit to Lock.

3.  Would bid on Watson if he's available.

4.  Went after young CB with Darby (also went after Michael Davis, but LAC matched our bid).

5.  Willing to go after Fuller, another young CB.

6.  Didn't go after Trubisky once all the vets signed.

7.  Said today QB isn't out of question at 1.9 (but I think it's smoke screen to entice QB-needy teams to move back, for whoever is left - Mac Jones?  Either way, it's smart to max out perceived value to move back - if the top 4 QB's are gone, and we get Fuller, we don't need to take CB, but moving back to get 2022 picks, and premium ones if a team like CHI/NO wants to move up - yes, please).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Denver seems to me to be a team that is a QB away from being very good team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I posted in the DEN forum - I think if Watson becomes available after the draft - Paton could go all in.   That's contingent on us getting Fuller - but if we do, watch out for that.

If we get Fuller, we don't need to draft CB early.   We then can move back from 1.9, and accumulate 2022 draft capital.   If a team like Chicago or NO wants Mac Jones - Paton moves back, and gets a 2022 1st (and likely a 2022 1st and a 2022 day 2 pick if it's NO).

Then we have a guy like Chubb, and we have potential 4 1sts from 2022-24.    Suddenly we're the Miami draft-capital wise after the 2021 draft.

It's elaborate, but it starts with getting Fuller.  After that, then look for a move back in Rd1.   If that happens - calling my shot there.

Edited by Broncofan

58 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They’ve quietly drafted and developed well since 2018. Elite coaches in Fangio (as a defensive play caller) and Munchak. Exciting young skill talent. It really is a roster begging for solid QB play. 

• Like 1

BTW the release isn't official - so we could see a redux of LV's trades of Hudson & Jackson.   Hudson got a mid-3rd because he had a 2/20M contract that was also way under market value for his top 3 status.   I'd guess that a team might offer a 5th (or late 4th) for Fuller and his 1/14M 5th-year option left (his 20M cap hit is because there's 6M of dead money for Chicago).   Denver has plenty of space, so even if it's a Day 3 pick (5th?), I don't think it's an obstacle.   I guess we'll find out tomorrow AM.