Bears release Fuller

40 minutes ago, British said:

So Fuller is cut as a cap casualty to make room for Dalton's $10m and Jimmy Graham's $10m 2021 cap number.

So this essentially means we pfp traded Kyle Fuller for Andy Dalton lol

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This tells me they are either very confident in their current CBs i.e. JJ, Vildor, Shelley, Roberson etc.

Can’t imagine this is the case. When Jaylon Johnson was out, CB2 was an absolute liability. 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

So this essentially means we pfp traded Kyle Fuller for Andy Dalton lol

Fuller for Dalton, Quinn for Floyd. Pace is a genius. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Pace just cannot wait to use another pick on a corner. He's drooling I'm sure. Their #1 corner will be a guy with no shoulders

5'6" and 112 lbs this time too.

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ummm...what?

I knew Fuller being gone was a strong possibility this offseason but I'm surprised there was no trade interest.  This is a strange move because he is still a very good player.

This tells me they are either very confident in their current CBs i.e. JJ, Vildor, Shelley, Roberson etc. or they will be targeting a CB high again in this year's draft

With the way this nimrod covets corners, you know he's taking one in the first 3 rounds

• Like 2
1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

With the way this nimrod covets corners, you know he's taking one in the first 3 rounds

Do you even corner bro? Corners are the new kickers and TE's! 20 man camp battle incoming!

This is the move that has broken the camels back for me...an all pro CB who has excelled for the past 3 or 4 seasons and you can't get any value for him? That is just incompetent IMO...now I hope we are in the conversation for the #1 overall pick next year.

• Like 3

This team is a cluster F.

The 2020 free agent period was as bad as we have ever seen.

It has left the Bears totally screwed. I just don’t get why Pace is allowed to rebuild the franchise he destroyed.

From Chris Emma

Upon learning of Fuller's impending exit and the possibility that Hicks could be out too, the Bears had several key players who were "pissed," as one source close to the team described. Star safety Eddie Jackson, who recently restructured his contract with the hope of keeping a teammate like Fuller in Chicago, tweeted his frustration after the news of Fuller's future became public.

I can’t believe they just straight up cut him, like I said hopefully he goes to a good team and continues his play. I think this might have been the straw that broke the defense, especially since it has came out that Hicks wants a trade. This team is going to be a nightmare this upcoming season.