Bears release Fuller

beardown3231

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

But wouldn't take a paycut huh..?

Hmm that's kind of weird no?  Especially since he signed so damn quick after getting released 

I take it there is more going on behind the scenes than anyone is saying, which is fine the fans don’t need to know everything. 

Good luck Fuller. I wish him all the best.

I'm so pissed right now. Releasing Fuller and creating a hole on the backbone of the team (defense) without getting anything in return makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

Cutting him created 9M in dead-cap. Denver signs him 9.5M--albeit nearly fully guaranteed.  And for what? To save 11M?  Releasing Graham and Leno to save 13.2M would've made alot more sense.

How the hell were they not able to trade him, or at least extend him to save space?  It's not like he had a NTC on his contract or anything.  Fuller, Mack, and Miller all have the same agent and Mack restructured his contract (although not ideal)?  Rumor has it that Miller is on the block.  So is Mack next? 

Something just doesn't seem right about this at all.  

The only logical explanation that I can think of is that maybe they tried to extend him, and maybe he refused it and said he doesn't wanna be here anymore?  It's worth mentioning, there was a recent report from an inside source saying the locker room was a mess and the players aren't happy (paraphrasing).  If this was true.  It makes me wonder if this source was Fuller himself and the brass wasn't happy when they caught wind of it.  

Brass's punishment + Fuller not wanting to be here + Not being one of Pace's guys =  CUT.  Just a thought is all.

May as well trade Hicks now,  Mack in August (the same way we got him), and get prepared for a 3-14 season.  What a disaster.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I take it there is more going on behind the scenes than anyone is saying, which is fine the fans don’t need to know everything. 

Same.  This has me thinking that some funny business may have happened between Fangio and Fuller.  Tampering much?

It appears Fuller's camp pretty much demanded his release so he could join the Broncos.  The guy wasn't even a free agent for more than a day before signing with them.

I mean if you were a FA with Fuller's resume wouldn't you at least entertain other offers before signing so quick and at less than perceived market value on top of it?  Something is just odd about this whole situation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Good luck Fuller. I wish him all the best.

I'm so pissed right now. Releasing Fuller and creating a hole on the backbone of the team (defense) without getting anything in return makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

Cutting him created 9M in dead-cap. Denver signs him 9.5M--albeit nearly fully guaranteed.  And for what? To save 11M?  Releasing Graham and Leno to save 13.2M would've made alot more sense.

How the hell were they not able to trade him, or at least extend him to save space?  It's not like he had a NTC on his contract or anything.  Fuller, Mack, and Miller all have the same agent and Mack restructured his contract (although not ideal)?  Rumor has it that Miller is on the block.  So is Mack next? 

Something just doesn't seem right about this at all.  

The only logical explanation that I can think of is that maybe they tried to extend him, and maybe he refused it and said he doesn't wanna be here anymore?  It's worth mentioning, there was a recent report from an inside source saying the locker room was a mess and the players aren't happy (paraphrasing).  If this was true.  It makes me wonder if this source was Fuller himself and the brass wasn't happy when they caught wind of it.  

Brass's punishment + Fuller not wanting to be here + Not being one of Pace's guys =  CUT.  Just a thought is all.

May as well trade Hicks now,  Mack in August (the same way we got him), and get prepared for a 3-14 season.  What a disaster.

I’m already prepared for a disaster of a season regardless of what they do with Mack and Hicks. Dalton is only marginally better if at all, they haven’t added to the OL yet but still may. The defense will regress further with the loss of Fuller, and it is yet to be seen if the new DC can even be an improvement over Pagano. There is just too many holes and very little depth if a injury occurs, just look at the CB position of JJ gets injured. 

48 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Same.  This has me thinking that some funny business may have happened between Fangio and Fuller.  Tampering much?

It appears Fuller's camp pretty much demanded his release so he could join the Broncos.  The guy wasn't even a free agent for more than a day before signing with them.

I mean if you were a FA with Fuller's resume wouldn't you at least entertain other offers before signing so quick and at less than perceived market value on top of it?  Something is just odd about this whole situation...

Or he knows it’s a down season for contracts so he’s going to go to the system he excelled in for a year. Just to get his next contract next season when the money is back. 

34 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Or he knows it’s a down season for contracts so he’s going to go to the system he excelled in for a year. Just to get his next contract next season when the money is back. 

Not disagreeing with that but it just all happened so fast with Fuller signing in Denver that makes you pause and wonder if there was some tampering going on behind the scenes 

Could have at least waited a day to not make it so obvious lol

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Not disagreeing with that but it just all happened so fast with Fuller signing in Denver that makes you pause and wonder if there was some tampering going on behind the scenes 

No I agree I was just offering another scenario. 

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

A day? It was like 8 minutes apart

23 hours ago, topwop1 said:

But wouldn't take a paycut huh..?

Hmm that's kind of weird no?  Especially since he signed so damn quick after getting released 

I'd be trying to get away from a GM that cant even remotely figure out the QB position and playcalling HC who cant run an offense too. 

That being said I'd have tried to go somewhere other than DEN but he knows he is likely going to be put in the best position to earn one more big deal there. 

• Like 1

Corners tend to start trending downwards at the age of 31, 32 and Fuller just turned 29. Which means he's most likely looking for one last big contract (17/yr).
If I had to guess, Fuller is most looking for a 3/50 contract similar to Darius Slay's, given the similarities in their careers and contract situations up to this point, which are almost identical.

Both were top prospects. Neither are injury risks.  Slay was 29 and only had 1 year left on his contract.  Same with Fuller.  Slay had 7 accrued seasons w/ 3 pro bowls and 1 All-Pro to his resume.  Fuller has 6 accrued seasons w/ 2 pro bowls and 1 All-Pro.

Denver just hired a new GM and unless things drastically change Fangio will be gone next year and so will his "guys" ---Fuller included (unless they extend him to a 16-17/yr deal).

So far, Fangio looks like yet another coach who is a very good coordinator but a terrible HC.  A modern day Wade Philips.

23 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

His new contract 100% takes this off of "fire Pace" for me.  He refused to renogiate to take less money. He basically forced his way out. I love him. Wish he was here but I understand why he did it. Not Paces fault though. 

He probably wants one more big contract, and he knew Pace wasn't going to give it to him. Fangio is going to try to ensure he gets one in Denver. 

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Corners tend to start trending downwards at the age of 31, 32 and Fuller just turned 29. Which means he's most likely looking for one last big contract (17/yr).
If I had to guess, Fuller is most looking for a 3/50 contract similar to Darius Slay's, given the similarities in their careers and contract situations up to this point, which are almost identical.

Both were top prospects. Neither are injury risks.  Slay was 29 and only had 1 year left on his contract.  Same with Fuller.  Slay had 7 accrued seasons w/ 3 pro bowls and 1 All-Pro to his resume.  Fuller has 6 accrued seasons w/ 2 pro bowls and 1 All-Pro.

Denver just hired a new GM and unless things drastically change Fangio will be gone next year and so will his "guys" ---Fuller included (unless they extend him to a 16-17/yr deal).

So far, Fangio looks like yet another coach who is a very good coordinator but a terrible HC.  A modern day Wade Philips.

I'd like to see what Fangio can do with a legit QB. I hesitate to judge his results with Drew Lock at QB.