Biggs: Bears give Hicks permission to seek trade

beardown3231

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

About on par with how the rest of this damn offseason has gone.  Bears are tanking it.

Well...no.

I hate to sound like a Pace defender, as I think he should have been fired months ago, but when you have a lot of really highly paid players on the defensive side of the ball, and those defenders are suddenly incapable of winning games for you on their own, then you have an incredibly large problem. 

The thing I find weird is that Hicks was "given permission" to seek a trade. Why isn't Pace actively seeking a trade? This all smacks of the ineptitude that led to Fuller being released, and not traded. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...no.

I hate to sound like a Pace defender, as I think he should have been fired months ago, but when you have a lot of really highly paid players on the defensive side of the ball, and those defenders are suddenly incapable of winning games for you on their own, then you have an incredibly large problem. 

The thing I find weird is that Hicks was "given permission" to seek a trade. Why isn't Pace actively seeking a trade? This all smacks of the ineptitude that led to Fuller being released, and not traded. 

I think there's still a window for Fuller to get traded. It's an interesting shift. I'm kind of curious what comes out of this. No they aren't doing this to clear cap space for the draft class. They are shifting the money to the other side of the ball by releasing these guys. Maybe Kenny Golladay would result. I'd take that sacrifice. Load up with as many weapons as possible on offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I think there's still a window for Fuller to get traded. It's an interesting shift. I'm kind of curious what comes out of this. No they aren't doing this to clear cap space for the draft class. They are shifting the money to the other side of the ball by releasing these guys. Maybe Kenny Golladay would result. I'd take that sacrifice. Load up with as many weapons as possible on offense. 

Yeah, it's like I said--you're paying the defense, the defense lets you down, and isn't getting any younger...your choices are few.

I'm hoping Rieff comes out of all this, or the tackle from the Ravens, or any number of other linemen. Golladay would be nice, too. I think it's clear that Pace will start spending more on offense. Let's all pray to the football gods that he spends it wisely. 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

They're still over the cap even after dumping Fuller. It's going to be tough to bring in a significant FA even after dumping Hicks.

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, it's like I said--you're paying the defense, the defense lets you down, and isn't getting any younger...your choices are few.

I'm hoping Rieff comes out of all this, or the tackle from the Ravens, or any number of other linemen. Golladay would be nice, too. I think it's clear that Pace will start spending more on offense. Let's all pray to the football gods that he spends it wisely. 

But these are problems of his own creation. And he makes it worse by continuing to do the same moronic things. Dalton is Foles 2.0. Foles was Glennon 1.0. He has got to stop signing these overpriced aging veterans that underperform. He has done it time and time again and now when things look bleakest for him he is STILL DOING IT! It's maddening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

They're still over the cap even after dumping Fuller. It's going to be tough to bring in a significant FA even after dumping Hicks.

I don believe that they are. I think they are either right at the cap or just under it.