Biggs: Bears give Hicks permission to seek trade

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I don believe that they are. I think they are either right at the cap or just under it. 

I'm just going off Spotrac's numbers - they're about 500k over the cap before you count O'Donnell and Bush. Cutting Hicks frees up 10.5M.

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

But these are problems of his own creation. And he makes it worse by continuing to do the same moronic things. Dalton is Foles 2.0. Foles was Glennon 1.0. He has got to stop signing these overpriced aging veterans that underperform. He has done it time and time again and now when things look bleakest for him he is STILL DOING IT! It's maddening.

Yup. They sure are. At least we know that Dalton should be able to perform. That was an unknown with Glennon...and boy did he prove Pace wrong. 

We'll see what happens. Pace is actively constructing a framework that may result in an improved team, particularly one for a young, up and coming quarterback. However, there are any number of further decisions that he has to make correctly for it all to work. 

My money is on him not making correct decisions. 

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm just going off Spotrac's numbers - they're about 500k over the cap before you count O'Donnell and Bush. Cutting Hicks frees up 10.5M.

I don't believe Dalton's number hit the books yet so I believe they are at 11 million under right now. But that sounds right. 

I've said this before....you just simply cant whiff on a Quarterback that hard.  You pretty much gotta reset the team.

Andy Dalton and Nick Foles legit is like a 4 win team.

We blew our window basically, and Pace and Nagy blew their jobs

Edited by MonserinNC
5 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I've said this before....you just simply cant whiff on a Quarterback that hard.  You pretty much gotta reset the team.

Andy Dalton and Nick Foles legit is like a 4 win team.

We blew our window basically, and Pace and Nagy blew their jobs

Well...I don't know...maybe?

They both should be gone. Right now. Why they're still around is migraine-inspiring. 

As far as resetting the team goes, they don't need a hard reboot. The majority of their best players are young. We'll see what Pace does. Getting QB right is mission number one. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, it's like I said--you're paying the defense, the defense lets you down, and isn't getting any younger...your choices are few.

I'm hoping Rieff comes out of all this, or the tackle from the Ravens, or any number of other linemen. Golladay would be nice, too. I think it's clear that Pace will start spending more on offense. Let's all pray to the football gods that he spends it wisely. 

Wisely, you mean like spending $10 mil on Dalton. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Yup. They sure are. At least we know that Dalton should be able to perform. That was an unknown with Glennon...and boy did he prove Pace wrong. 

We'll see what happens. Pace is actively constructing a framework that may result in an improved team, particularly one for a young, up and coming quarterback. However, there are any number of further decisions that he has to make correctly for it all to work. 

My money is on him not making correct decisions. 

When has Dalton performed at all the last few years, even Trubisky was better than him last year. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...I don't know...maybe?

They both should be gone. Right now. Why they're still around is migraine-inspiring. 

As far as resetting the team goes, they don't need a hard reboot. The majority of their best players are young. We'll see what Pace does. Getting QB right is mission number one. 

Not even trying to be a snarky here but WHO??

Im telling you, this is a farewell year for everybody. The 2022 Bears will be picking like 4th overall with a new GM and get like the top young assistant as HC. 

If we were serious about winning, we would have traded for Matt Ryan and let them take a QB at 4 this year. Andy Dalton and Nick Foles is like we might get the number one pick next year to be honest.....like really ask yourself, who would be worse than us?

Edited by MonserinNC
3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Not even trying to be a snarky here but WHO??

Im telling you, this is a farewell year for everybody. The 2022 Bears will be picking like 4th overall with a new GM and get like the top young assistant as HC. 

That’s what I was thinking. You have Mooney, Montgomery who’s a RB, and maybe Kmet maybe Johnson if he can stay healthy. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

That’s what I was thinking. You have Mooney, Montgomery who’s a RB, and maybe Kmet maybe Johnson if he can stay healthy. 

EXACTLY and Im one of the most optimistic guys in this forum haha.....we just have a bad team this year gang....no talking points. Looking forward to seeing what the next GM/ head coach looks like and hopefully they dont make some weird QB choice over a National champion and Heisman trophy winner

6 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

EXACTLY and Im one of the most optimistic guys in this forum haha.....we just have a bad team this year gang....no talking points. Looking forward to seeing what the next GM/ head coach looks like and hopefully they dont make some weird QB choice over a National champion and Heisman trophy winner

But they may not be able to even make a first round QB choice if Pace has already picked one this year. And maybe even used future draft capital to trade up and do it. 

1 hour ago, British said:

But they may not be able to even make a first round QB choice if Pace has already picked one this year. And maybe even used future draft capital to trade up and do it. 

At this point we are going to need 2 young QBs like Griffin and Cousins. Foles and Dalton both will be out after this year. Even if Mac Jones falls or we get a random guy in a later round, we pretty much will need to draft another QB the following year.

This is just bad guys....I think we have the worst QB position in the league....Washington Football team is the only one close

They I see it, the Bears are in a version of one of these three scenarios:

-Setting up for a big move at QB, which would be Wilson or Watson (I can dream), and somehow have a deal worked out that needed cap space but also Andy Dalton (???)

-Under a mandate from ownership to begin the tank, but are messing it up by losing assets without getting a return.  They're hamstrung from signing long term deals or trading future assets, but want to overperform with existing talent to justify their jobs going forward, or have secretly extended Nagy and Pace to oversee a rebuild from the previous Pace administration. 

-Flailing.  They struck out on the home run, panicked about QB,  overfilled their cap, panicked about the cap, cut a great player for nothing, and are now raising their salaries while getting worse. 

Someone convince me it's not #3?