LB Reggie Ragland signed to 1 year deal

Acgott

21 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@samsel23 I know he wasn't on your roster last season but Kansas played him a few years.  Anything you can tell us about him?

I know when he was drafted in the early 2nd by Buffalo, which is weird how you guys ended up with him.  

He’s gonna play his role.   He’s very limited athletically,  but he will do everything the way it’s coached in the scheme(to the point his athleticism will let him I should say).   

Edit:  The athleticism,  is mainly just his knees are shot.   It’s the main reason we got him from Buffalo the year after he was drafted.  

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

He’s gonna play his role.   His very limited athletically,  but he will do everything the way it’s coached in the scheme(to the point his athleticism will let him I should say).   

Thanks man...The youtube video I posted looks like he has some instinctive abilities.  Detroit didn't play him much and to hear the dude in the video he isn't sure why he isn't getting more playing time.  Bit confusing really, definitely value your opinion of him more than some dude I've never spoken to, perhaps this tape the guy is showing was his best highlights and isn't showing his flaws.  I mean I don't see him benching Blake but as a depth signing I kinda like it.  The team needed some better depth at that position.  Oh I also noticed that Ragland lined up at the OLB when in sub 34 package.  

Thanks again for dropping your knowledge...appreciate it.

Not that I’m accusing of Detroit’s staff of doing something correctly,   But I would imagine his knees were the reason he didn’t see more snaps. 

We had to manage his practice reps every year he was here... believe we even held him out of the very preseason game his final year just save him reps... want to say he also had trouble with some plane rides after games. 

He’s still gonna do some solid things,  but I would imagine it’s still a problem that each team he plays for has to manage

19 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Not that I’m accusing of Detroit’s staff of doing something correctly,   But I would imagine his knees were the reason he didn’t see more snaps. 

We had to manage his practice reps every year he was here... believe we even held him out of the very preseason game his final year just save him reps... want to say he also had trouble with some plane rides after games. 

He’s still gonna do some solid things,  but I would imagine it’s still a problem that each team he plays for has to manage

Was liking it until you said this...haha.