Pats re-sign David Andrews (4 year deal)

DoleINGout

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not with Cam at QB he's not.

Cam is not great but he had a lot working against last season. He didn’t have an off-season and he basically started with just 2 months in the team on a notoriously difficult offense to learn. He caught covid  early in the year which he says affected him. Also had no wide receivers and literally no tight ends to throw to. He won’t light up the league but he should improve, the team over all is vastly improved and they will have a much easier schedule then last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Cam is not great but he had a lot working against last season. He didn’t have an off-season and he basically started with just 2 months in the team on a notoriously difficult offense to learn. He caught covid  early in the year which he says affected him. Also had no wide receivers and literally no tight ends to throw to. He won’t light up the league but he should improve, the team over all is vastly improved and they will have a much easier schedule then last season.

All of that is true, but I'm not a huge fan of the weapons they added. I mean, what sort of production are you expecting out of the TE's and Agholor with this version Cam throwing them the ball?

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not with Cam at QB he's not.

Are you familiar with Cam's career? He follows losing seasons with winning seasons fairly regularly, like his entire career.

He will be 32 and he's healthy. He has some actual time in the system.

This team is loaded. They win 11+ with Cam starting 16.

A 16 game Cam will run for about  650 and 10 TDs and throw for about 3400+ and 24+ TDs.

With that D, that will get them 11-13 wins. (or they upgrade on him, but McDaniel and BB would not have Cam there if they did not think they could win with him)

This is not any lame MVP or even pro bowl talk. They can win with him being the 5th or 6th best QB in the AFC.

I get where you are coming from. it takes some real next level understanding to know that Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are upgrades from Ryan Izzo and Devin Asiasi.

Bourne and Agholor are upgrades on N'Keal Harry and Damiere Byrd in case that was a tough puzzle to solve.

They have gone from 30-32nd in pass catchers to probably in that 12-16 range now. (if not higher)

Their D is loaded again with proven players in that system (Van Noy and Hightower) and a bunch more good players.

Better players = More wins

Could they get 4 key injuries and go 8-8? Sure.  So could KC, Buffalo, Cleveland, or Indy

7 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

All of that is true, but I'm not a huge fan of the weapons they added. I mean, what sort of production are you expecting out of the TE's and Agholor with this version Cam throwing them the ball?

How did this version (2019 Patriots Brady , har har har, lets make fun of Tom!) work out for him with better weapons?

Brady went from 27 TDs to 43 TDs with better weapons at age 43.

• Brady had better weapons in Tampa for sure but he also had Edelman in 2019

Anyone really think Cam can't go from 21 TDs to 32 TDs with better weapons at age 32?

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

They have gone from 30-32nd in pass catchers to probably in that 12-16 range now. (if not higher)

Cam has had success with TE's in the past so I won't discount the notion that he can utilize the Pats FA prizes, but I don't know how anyone could argue that the group of skill position players as a whole is anything more than average at best. There's not a 1,000 yard receiver. It's doubtful they get more out of either WR than their previous teams did and you are asking both to take on expanded roles. The TE's aren't the second coming of Hernandez and Gronk, either, though they're being paid like it.

And all this depends on Cam looking far better than he did last year because what he put on tape last season, poor weapons or not, isn't even quality back-up play.

25 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Let me give you some context here for the Tightens; Ryan Izzo played 12 games for total of 13 receptions, 199 yards and 0 touch downs. Devin Asiasi 2 receptions, 39 yards, 1 TD. Dalton Keene 3 receptions, 16 yards 0 TDs. That was the entire production from the Tight ends last year.... A mediocre/down season from both Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith would be a gigantic improvement over what we were running. The WRs we got are not world beaters but you think Agholor can't improve on N'Keal Harris' 33 catches for 309 yards and 2 TDs?

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

How did this version (2019 Patriots Brady , har har har, lets make fun of Tom!) work out for him with better weapons?

Brady went from 27 TDs to 43 TDs with better weapons at age 43.

• Brady had better weapons in Tampa for sure but he also had Edelman in 2019

Anyone really think Cam can't go from 21 TDs to 32 TDs with better weapons at age 32?

Brady went from one of the worst cast of receivers in the league to probably the best. He doesn't have Cam's injury history and he's always been the superior passer.

I think the Pats are trying to build something like what Cam had in Carolina. They're looking at what Cam did well with historically (a deep threat in Agholor, TE's). They're trying. But they're still a fairly weak group being paired with a much declined Newton.