Bears offer for Wilson

Manny/Patrick

I would have taken that deal if I were Seattle.  I would then give Houston a call and let them know that I would be willing to offer Chicago's three first round picks, and Seattle's first round picks in 2021 and 2022 for Deshaun Watson.  They would then have a quarterback who is as good or better, but six years younger AND have the services of Kahlil Mack for the next 3 years.  Of course, this was before the criminal allegations that have just come up about Watson. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I would take that deal as Seattle draft Mond from a and m and all those picks . Also save on that contract.russ is starting to get overrated really chokes in the postseason.

Seems to me that choking is far from a problem for Russ.  He seems like one of the more clutch QB's in the league when it comes to crunch time.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Seems to me that choking is far from a problem for Russ.  He seems like one of the more clutch QB's in the league when it comes to crunch time.

I don't think he's made it past division round since 2014 and seems to be down big in the postseason coming back.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think he's made it past division round since 2014 and seems to be down big in the postseason coming back.

Maybe, but he's one of the ones I always worry about in the 4th quarter.  In the postseason, a lot of the time it can just come down to getting matched up with against a better team.  He has never struck me as the type who is a choker though.

6 hours ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Draft picks are so overrated. A franchise QB like Wilson is worth way more than 3 1st rounders.

It wasn't just 3 1st's though. It was 3 1sts, and like 3 players that could get a 1st or 2nd in a trade.

3 1sts, Roquan, Allen Robinson, and Eddie jackson would be a pretty good deal.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Meanwhile in Philadelphia....

1nkw6l.jpg

Completely different situation.

Wentz hasn't come close to duplicating his 2017 output and the bridges were burnt when he was benched.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would have taken that deal if I were Seattle.  I would then give Houston a call and let them know that I would be willing to offer Chicago's three first round picks, and Seattle's first round picks in 2021 and 2022 for Deshaun Watson.  They would then have a quarterback who is as good or better, but six years younger AND have the services of Kahlil Mack for the next 3 years.  Of course, this was before the criminal allegations that have just come up about Watson. 

You saying the 1st round picks Seattle does not have?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe I am.  Don't they have those picks?  I was unaware of that if that is the case.  :$

Seattle traded 2021 and 2022 first for Jamaal Adams

Jul 25 2020

New York JetsNEW YORK ACQUIRES
Bradley McDougald (SS) ($4,068,750)2021

1st round pick2022

1st round pick2021

3rd round pick

New York JetsSEATTLE ACQUIRES
Jamal Adams (SS) ($3,590,292)2022

4th round pick

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Seattle traded 2021 and 2022 first for Jamaal Adams

Jul 25 2020

New York JetsNEW YORK ACQUIRES
Bradley McDougald (SS) ($4,068,750)2021

1st round pick2022

1st round pick2021

3rd round pick

New York JetsSEATTLE ACQUIRES
Jamal Adams (SS) ($3,590,292)2022

4th round pick

Oh ok.  I didn't realize that.  Oh well  So much for my scenario I guess.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:08 AM, Malfatron said:

You dont trade your franchise qb.

picks arent worth much.

It really depends to what degree Russ is actually not interested in playing in Seattle. Is he just bluffing in a power grab for organizational decisions? Or is he genuinely done in Seattle no matter what.