Post first wave of FA

soflbillsfan

Now that the first wave of Free Agency is over with the bills currently at 3.1 mil prior to the addition to Levi and Jones new 1 year deals. I expect them to turn some players deals into guarantees to clear more room. Tre white, Dion Dawkins, and Stefon Diggs turning money in to a signing Bonus. Another option is to extend hughes 1 more year to clear up more cap space and to keep Hughes on for at least another year as he had high qb pressure rate this year.

After the new signings and re-signings what does our top needs look like going in to the second wave and to the draft?

We have been connected to Zach Ertz for a trade by several media outlets and should expect him to be dealt sooner rather then later. So that will help with our TE room as Beane made it clear yesterday that they would like to have someone.

Beane also said that they have been in talks with guys but the price is just not where they want to be and that some time may change, so I expect him to work his magic. He also stated that he will be looking at CB2 and RB but if they cant find someone that is their guy in FA or Draft he is very confident in what they currently have with Dane/Levi at CB2 and Singletary/Moss at RB.

Ideally I would like to see them bring in a guy like Xavier Rhodes to play the CB2 spot and a guy like Clowney/Dunlap to help with the pass rush. 

Go in to the draft filling other needs like an Etienne/Harris at pick 30 or trade back If possible and land williams in the early 2nd.

IOL, DT, RB, CB, LB, and DE would be my guess as to what needs we have but not in a specific order.

No glaring holes again which is fantastic.

I would imagine Beane wants to upgrade CB2 and DE. I’d like to see a young IOL brought in, incase one of Ford/Boettger/Feliciano doesn’t stay healthy or play well this season. As well as an eventual replacement for Morse.

KR/PR is needed too. I think a deal for Ertz happens eventually but we’ll need to clear some space before hand. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

No glaring holes again which is fantastic.

I would imagine Beane wants to upgrade CB2 and DE. I’d like to see a young IOL brought in, incase one of Ford/Boettger/Feliciano doesn’t stay healthy or play well this season. As well as an eventual replacement for Morse.

KR/PR is needed too. I think a deal for Ertz happens eventually but we’ll need to clear some space before hand. 

Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma would be a great get in the 2nd round if he lasts but as of yet his stock has been skyrocketing. He mainly played center but I think he could fit in as guard for now as well as be back up center to morse without dropping a beat. Will also allow the bills to move on from morse in the future.