Reiff signed

INbengalfan

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Opens things up a bit in the draft.  If Sewell is there, I still take him and slide one of the presumed starting tackles to OG.  If he's not, Chase and maybe Pitts in play at 5, or a trade back

That's the big thing.  They're a little more free to just draft the player they see that fits the team.

I'd say they still need a WR, and probably a DE.  Definitely some WR's still out there.  Not sure about DE's.

Good signing.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

That's the big thing.  They're a little more free to just draft the player they see that fits the team.

I'd say they still need a WR, and probably a DE.  Definitely some WR's still out there.  Not sure about DE's.

Good signing.

There aren't any DEs worthy of a top 5 pick this year. But quite a few who may be around at pick 38. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

If we draft Sewell, one of the three OTs goes inside.

Sewell isn't a guard and Jonah is better at pass blocking than run blocking so he doesn't look like he'd make a good guard. Reiff said Bengals said he'd be at RT. 

XSF is more of a pass blocker than run blocker while Spain if we re-sign him is the opposite. Both can play LG and RG.

I wonder about Warford and why he hasn't gotten more discussion. He opted out of last season so maybe people think he's retiring. He should be set for life financially but he's only 29. Maybe he's gone up to 400 lbs or dropped to 260.  Trai Turner isn't old either and had several very good seasons in Carolina before falling off in 2019. Then he got traded to San Diego and stunk last year, although he was playing hurt. 

If we signed either, I'd want a pretty thorough medical exam and for Warford would tie a good bit of his pay to participating in the offseason program to get back in football shape.