Bengals release Geno Atkins

SBLIII

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Also had 23.5 sacks since 2017, I'll trust him as well as my doctors, if he can go, I'd most certainly give him a shot. I'd just keep him on a 20-25 per game pitch count. Plus I heard he was disgruntled over his decreased (and all of the veterans) role and it could have affected his play. Look at Dunlap, he left and looked rejuvenated. 

Since 2017, so subtract 9 from that.  That was his last elite year.

He had more sacks in 2018, but his pressures were down and he wasn't as disruptive.  Then in 2019 the sacks fell off and the pressures fell off even more.  In 2020, when he played, he was being blocked one on one and not making an impact whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Since 2017, so subtract 9 from that.  That was his last elite year.

He had more sacks in 2018, but his pressures were down and he wasn't as disruptive.  Then in 2019 the sacks fell off and the pressures fell off even more.  In 2020, when he played, he was being blocked one on one and not making an impact whatsoever.

Thats cool, I think he still has something in the tank and a smart team will create a plan of action for him. If he felt he couldn't he would retire