Week 7 GDT - Falcons Come For Revenge

Deadpulse

How does the game play out?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Falcons gain a measure of revenge?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which QB wins the duel?

• Tom Brady
    • Matty Ice
    • They bring the best out of each other
  3. 3. Does the defense improve against stiff competition?

• Yes, they hold the Falcons to under 20 pts
    • No, they let up 30+ points
    • They maintain a status quo and allow 20-30 while keeping the Pats in the game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2017 at 04:00 AM

afdsas.png

The Falcons come to Foxboro for the SB rematch hungry to garner some semblance of revenge for suffering the worst defeat in their history, allowing the biggest comeback by far in SB history. That being said, neither of these teams seem like themselves heading into this game.

We all know the Patriots defense is a work in progress (hopefully) at this point in the season. Whether we have Gilmore and/or Rowe for this game is a mystery at this point. I would imagine that Gilmore would man up Julio most of the game to try and take him out. 

atl.png&h=100&w=100

3-2, 2-3-0 ATS

ne.png&h=100&w=100

4-2, 2-4-0 ATS

-- TEAMRANKINGS --
-- NUMBERFIRE --
SPREAD CONSENSUS PICK--
+3.5 SPREAD -3.5
+155 MONEY LINE -185
OVER/UNDER55

The Patriots are the favored team in this one, and I have to think its because the Falcons are coming off a bad loss in which Matt Ryan did not look anything close to the MVP talent he showed last season and that the Patriots are at home. 

Side note: Pats are wearing these for the game

Image result for blue color rush patriots

hopefully will be a blowout for ths good guys but expecting a close game. falcons offense really hasnt clicked all year, almost feels like theyre holding back for some stupid reason. nes d has beem a get right spot for a lot of teams, i hope that continues but we shall see.

I am looking forward to finally facing a non-scrambling/slippy QB. I think our D will appreciate the predictability of the QB. Ryan is the best QB we've faced so far not named Brees, for me, but I believe we struggle against mobile QBs. This MAY translate to a better D....not holding my breath, but maybe? 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I am looking forward to finally facing a non-scrambling/slippy QB. I think our D will appreciate the predictability of the QB. Ryan is the best QB we've faced so far not named Brees, for me, but I believe we struggle against mobile QBs. This MAY translate to a better D....not holding my breath, but maybe? 

I always have nightmares about mobile QBs.  Think our defense is still going to get smashed but, we'll definitely be much better than we've been.  e.g. Getting dumpstered vs. taken to the woodshed.  

I'm not looking forward to this one b/c I think Atlanta will be fuming after 2 losses in a row and also extra motivated after the result the last time around.

I think the Atlanta offense has great day against the Patriots defense which is a given, but not sure how great the Patriots offense will do against the Falcons defense. I'm hoping Victor Beasley is still injured and just maybe the Patriots running game will finally have a big day from one of their backs.

Most big plays we've given up have come from QB break-outs and scrambling. Two for Watson, one for Cam and one or two for McCown. Infuriating. I guess Matty Ice could just stand back there and torch our D like our QB does, but let's see. Not seen the Falx this season at all. Predicted a drop, but would like to know if their gameplan has changed. 

I know Ryan has only connected on 2 or 3 plays of over 20 yards on the season. Completely alien to last season.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

I'm not looking forward to this one b/c I think Atlanta will be fuming after 2 losses in a row and also extra motivated after the result the last time around.

I think the Atlanta offense has great day against the Patriots defense which is a given, but not sure how great the Patriots offense will do against the Falcons defense. I'm hoping Victor Beasley is still injured and just maybe the Patriots running game will finally have a big day from one of their backs.

Pass catching RB's still give them fits so I think we'll be seeing plenty of Lewis/White.  If Burkhead is 100% healthy, I think he'd be the lead back but, doubtful he'll be good for that many snaps given how long he's been out.

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Yeah I'm worried about their motivation. Two losses, one after a bye, plus the Super Bowl = a tough week in practice.

Beasley is so overrated. Cannon owned him in the bowl.

1 minute ago, bluemushrooms said:

Pass catching RB's still give them fits so I think we'll be seeing plenty of Lewis/White.  If Burkhead is 100% healthy, I think he'd be the lead back but, doubtful he'll be good for that many snaps given how long he's been out.

That's true, they give the most yards and TDs to runningbacks in the passing game. 

Falcons

O

378.4  yards per game (5th) (We're 1st with 412)

24.2 points per game (12th)  (We're 5th with 28.7)

D

312 yards allowed (10th) (We're 32nd with 13,450.8) 

21.8 points per game allowed (15th) (We're 30th with 26.5)

So they are pretty balanced. 

Archived