Week 7 GDT - Falcons Come For Revenge

Deadpulse

How does the game play out?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Falcons gain a measure of revenge?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which QB wins the duel?

• Tom Brady
    • Matty Ice
    • They bring the best out of each other
  3. 3. Does the defense improve against stiff competition?

• Yes, they hold the Falcons to under 20 pts
    • No, they let up 30+ points
    • They maintain a status quo and allow 20-30 while keeping the Pats in the game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2017 at 04:00 AM

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think they can game plan around that with some quick passes. Brady should be able to slice them up off their blitz

They also have Hayward, who has been the better part of a top 5 CB in the league the last two seasons. And they have an outstanding undrafted rookie CB in Trevor Williams who has matched Hayward's play par for par despite missing Verrett for the year. The matchup to exploit is Gronk vs the LBs/Safeties. If he goes off, I can see the Pats winning handily. There's a lot of confidence in that the Patriots have been dominant against the Chargers in the Phillip Rivers era, but given how bad the Patriots have looked overall this year, they're not at the point where any game is a layup. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think they can game plan around that with some quick passes. Brady should be able to slice them up off their blitz

Well, we gameplan the best in the business out of a game, routinely (Watt). So I'm confident we can come up with something to mitigate those two.

Big, statement win. Have to say this is the most complete game this team has put together so far this season. Kind of hinted at it before this game, but I just don't think the Falcons are that good of a football team right now. Their offense hasn't been the same without Shanahan. Two of their wins, they were extremely close to losing. The Golden Tate TD being called back and the Bears had a chance to beat them Week 1 but they just couldn't score. Ryan has really taken a step back. Obviously, it was somewhat expected because last year was more of an outlier, IMO.

-Hell of a football game from the defense. No Gilmore, no Rowe, against one of the”best offenses" in the league with a ton of weapons and they hold them to 7 points.

-I thought this was Butler's best game of the year. One thing I've always loved about Butler is how good of a tackler he is and how willing he is to step up and make a hit. Felt like he had a couple great tackles/plays last night. The TD allowed to Julio was just an unbelievable catch by Jones, who is a monster. Really thought that was picked.

-Another good performance by Bademosi. Did Belichick potentially find a diamond in the rough here? I know he's always loved him because of how good of a ST player he is, but he's put together a couple good weeks as a corner now. Hopefully he keeps up, he seems to be gaining some confidence.

-Van Noy quietly had a good game. Huge stop at the goal line.

-Speaking of the goal line, what were the Falcons doing? You're at the 1 yard line and you have Devonta Freeman. You're running a roll out with Matt Ryan, followed by a Jet Sweep with Taylor Gabriel? Just stupid.

-Belichick and the Patriots were definitely in Quinn's head. You have to love when teams come into Foxboro and just try to overthink things, try to get too cute, etc. I guess I understood the first time they went for it on 4th (couple missed holds on that Ryan scramble, btw) but the second one made absolutely no sense. Right before halftime, you're going to give Brady a short field? Idiotic.

-Offensively, it was nice to see them commit to the run game. Lewis is officially back. He looks like he did when he first got here and I'm loving it. You can see he's finally back to his old self.

-Can we stop with the stretch runs with Gillislee? Especially against a fast defense?

-My two concerns with the offense right now are 1) how much Brady is getting hit and 2) their struggles in the red zone. They have to get better in the red zone and come away with more TD's. 2/5 last night. I know this is eating at Brady because he's always bringing it up. Have to think this is going to improve, the offense is just too talented for it not to.

-The Chargers are most definitely not a layup. They can get after the QB. Bose and Ingram are too of the league's best pass rushers. They could very easily be 5-2 right now. Really hope Hightower's injury isn't serious and we get 1 of Gilmore and Rowe back this week.

12 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

-Another good performance by Bademosi. Did Belichick potentially find a diamond in the rough here? I know he's always loved him because of how good of a ST player he is, but he's put together a couple good weeks as a corner now. Hopefully he keeps up, he seems to be gaining some confidence.

Mike Lombardi, who used to be on his staff, says Belichick tried to sign him twice. Liked him a lot, especially his tackling. 

Archived