Week 7 GDT - Falcons Come For Revenge

Deadpulse

How does the game play out?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Falcons gain a measure of revenge?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which QB wins the duel?

• Tom Brady
    • Matty Ice
    • They bring the best out of each other
  3. 3. Does the defense improve against stiff competition?

• Yes, they hold the Falcons to under 20 pts
    • No, they let up 30+ points
    • They maintain a status quo and allow 20-30 while keeping the Pats in the game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2017 at 04:00 AM

11 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Is there any report they'll miss time?  I was under the impression they're expected back.

No definitive reports from what I’ve seen, but both guys missed practice this today. I have no idea if they’re expected to play or not. 

Even if they were both available and 100%, I find it hard to be confident in this defense.

23 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'm getting the popcorn ready for @mcmurtry86 enjoying the play of the LBs in coverage against the Falcons RBs.   Yuck.  

I thought Rowe played really well against Julio in the SB and Gilmore matches well against that kind of WR.  We need at least one of them.  Butler on Gabriel should hopefully be okay.   McCourty and Chung on the RBs with Harmon playing deep center, and hopefully we can stop the run with a light front 7. 

My main concern, along with big plays. Although Dan Quinn seems to have a tendency for not hammering the rock, so that might be a blessing.

51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No definitive reports from what I’ve seen, but both guys missed practice this today. I have no idea if they’re expected to play or not. 

Even if they were both available and 100%, I find it hard to be confident in this defense.

Without practicing during Wednesday sessions, I would probably consider both highly questionable. Gilmore is listed as a concussion, so he would have to clear concussion protocols. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I reckon Gillmore will play, because I'm sceptical of him every being an unhealthy scratch in the first place. Just a theory though.

Gilmore on Jones at all times.

If he's healthy, keeping him out of practice would be the dumbest thing Belichick has done in 18 years

On 10/17/2017 at 12:12 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

I am looking forward to finally facing a non-scrambling/slippy QB. I think our D will appreciate the predictability of the QB. Ryan is the best QB we've faced so far not named Brees, for me, but I believe we struggle against mobile QBs. This MAY translate to a better D....not holding my breath, but maybe? 

They just faced Josh McCown. The get-right on defense is not happening....

Run the ball

Our backs combined for 25 carries, 118 yards, and 1 touchdown against the Jets. Those 118 yards represent the most by the Patriots against the Jets since week 12 of 2012 and the 4.72 yards from scrimmage is the second-highest against the Jets of the Bill Belichick era, trailing a 5.0 YPC performance in week 11 of 2008.

Atlanta have smaller linebackers. I expect more Gillislee this time round, with more base formations. Lewis tends to run from sub formations, but he was sent up the middle a lot vs NY. Which tells me they like to use smaller backs against big defenders, and vice versa. 

Archived