Browns sign LB Anthony Walker

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Meh. Huge liability in coverage. He’ll get attacked a lot. 

Likely that he won't be paired up against a TE very often, let alone a slot. He won't be asked to do much out of the A or B gap.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Likely that he won't be paired up against a TE very often, let alone a slot. He won't be asked to do much out of the A or B gap.

I get that. But we seen defenses last year find a way to isolate our bad coverage guys whether they were matched up against them or not. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I get that. But we seen defenses last year find a way to isolate our bad coverage guys whether they were matched up against them or not. 

Like I said, I would envision us running a lot of Big Nickel as our base defense with Harrison as essentially the 3rd LB, Greedy as the FS, and Johnson as the hybrid guy, or Johnson as the hybrid and Harrison as the box guy/3rd LB.

I think you're looking at Walker as your MLB who fits/has to fit on the QB/RB mesh regardless, and either Harrison or Johnson as your TE coverage/seam guy...not to mention now Hill in the slot as well if you go to purely Nickel personnel.

IMO, if that means isolating Walker against a 2nd TE or occasionally a RB out of the backfield (has to motion out mind you), then I'm fine with that.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Another 25 year old working for their second contract coming into their prime.

Seeee it's a trend. I figured Berry out.

The trend I'm seeing is Cleveland is a team good players want to play for. Following this horrible team for as long as we have and finally seeing it transform into what it's becoming just feels amazing. To finally know all those years of agony are behind us makes it all the more special and we're only scratching the surface of this whole thing, it blows my mind and gives me goosebumps 

• Like 3

But you're right the vision is getting young players with a team and winning attitude to keep the culture that's in place. These guys know what they're doing

I used to be a regular on these forums and it's not that I quit being a fan, it's that it wasn't enjoyable for me to talk or speculate so I kinda vanished but all I want to do is talk again, they breathed life back into me

Edited by TeHDruiD
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

But you're right the vision is getting young players with a team and winning attitude to keep the culture that's in place. These guys know what they're doing

I used to be a regular on these forums and it's not that I quit being a fan, it's that it wasn't enjoyable for me to talk or speculate so I kinda vanished but all I want to do is talk again, they breathed life back into me

come on back brother, would be good to have another old timer back

• Like 1