FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

Different General Managers run their teams different ways. It's not the easiest job to have sometimes you just gotta go with your gut and pull your trigger to end up with the best players from the draft.

Like last time my guys didn't want Jonathan Taylor then they didn't want Zack Moss cuz we had Taylor. Both would've been big for us last year based on how they actually looked in the NFL. And prob way more badass than just CEH. Everyone else was just content with Damien Williams who never even played for us again.

We also got some DT I didn't really want Telvin McAgim who didn't do anything his first year when I wanted to go OL or trade down instead.

Your boss isn't always a bad guy. Sometimes he knows whats best.

... what? In real life: sure. In FFMD, a discussion, at the very least, should be had before a massive decision is made. He didn't even mention the trade in the war room before pulling the trigger.

If another Chiefs' fan was GM, and decided to trade one of your top young players for horrible value in return without mentioning the trade in the war room, I bet you'd have a problem with it.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2021 at 6:31 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

The Subforum War Rooms are an essential part of this mock draft. At the end of the day, the goal of FFMD is to bring draft discussion and intrigue to all subforums on this site. We want and encourage discussion.

We want to give each GM the autonomy to run his war room and team however he wants, but we would like to share a few best practices that can help keep your war room active and happy.

Above all else communication is key. As the GM you get to decide how your war room is run but clearly communicate it to your members, so everyone knows the deal from the beginning.

I draw your attention to something in the OP, that I encouraged all to read (but clearly didn't)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why wasn’t it vetoed by the people running this? 

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Because I'm not in the business of micromanaging each transaction....

This coming from the architect of the Scherff for #4 overall trade. There's been a lot of bad trades this draft but that's just how it goes in fan run mocks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Eh...I have problems with Horn's initial transition to the NFL. My hope is that anyone drafting him is not doing so as an immediate starter. I think he's going to need to do some growing. 

Exactly why I was looking at him for the Patriots should we not get Mac. Wouldn't be thrown into the starting role but room to grow into it even this year. 

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This coming from the architect of the Scherff for #4 overall trade. There's been a lot of bad trades this draft but that's just how it goes in fan run mocks.

I honestly don't think the Okudah deal was too terrible 

He probably should have got the 2nd instead of the 3rd but oh well 

Gallup could ball and Okudah didnt do much albeit on Patricia's D

The real outrage is just accepting a deal like that WITHOUT talking about it to your own war room

I mean damn 

I traded OJ Howard for a swap of 2nds and an additional 5th, without getting an ok from anyone, but I had a consensus in my war room that he was worth at most a 3rd and at worst a 5th AND I posted it in there for like an hour and didn't get any replies so I just pulled the trigger, later when ppl got on, no one complained bc it had been agreed that we wanted to get rid of 1 of OJ or Brate

But you can't just blatantly not tell anyone anything and just make moves, honestly it's kinda boring that way

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Because I'm not in the business of micromanaging each transaction....

Also, completely agree here, there's enough going on in 1 war room to be trying to make decisions for other teams. 

That's why you need to pick the right GMs.

The Dolphins have upcoming picks 16 & 18 (12 o clock and 2 o clock)

we would like to trade one of them.

Looking for rough trade chart value.

happy to consider players in trade up offer as well as picks but picks would be preference. Also happy to consider future picks.