FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

@Forge can you tell me which page the trade is on for the OTC pick.  Trying to update the draft board and missing it in the trade thread.

Thanks.

For 118? Its on page 7 

23 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers trade:

Pick 118

Pick 181

Pick 230

Chiefs trade: 

Pick 95

2022 6th 

@Kirill

23 hours ago, Kirill said:

Chiefs accept.

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

@Forge

Got to ask you, why go with St. Juste so high?  

Sure the 49ers like tall corners and Witherspoon is out.  but St. Juste?  Not sure he is better than Keith Taylor, well actually no way he is better than Keith Taylor who has much better ball skills and has been a far more lock down corner than St. Juste who struggled at times this year.  Sure had a decent Senior bowl performance but in the season he was not nearly as dominating as I thought he could be.  Granted St. Juste maybe could move to safety and be very good.  But Israel Mukuamu is also out there as well as a big long corner.  

Honestly looking around various big board this is around where St Juste is slotted. Sometimes higher sometimes lower. I just plain think he is a better player than the other two. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly looking around various big board this is around where St Juste is slotted. Sometimes higher sometimes lower. I just plain think he is a better player than the other two. 

and JIllg brought up a really good point...we need someone who can be physical with guys like Hopkins and Metcalf. That's not Taylor for sure and it's not likely Gowan, and Metcalf in particular has been pretty rough on us. 

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Appreciate the Carter comments. There were some bigger needs but Carter will complement Barkley very well and was too good value-wise to pass on. Still a ton of good RBs left.

We were seriously considering him if he fell to 131 even though we already have Jones and Dillon.  He would be too good to pass up there.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Keith Taylor is a damn good cover man and reacts better to the football in the air.  St. Juste has shown flashes of good anticipation but this year during the games he seemed a bit slow more than once.  Granted made a few standout plays at the Senior bowl in the game so people might think he had a great season.  He did not have a great year at all, he was far more effective the year before and on a team in need of a solid CB not sure he was that and the secondary overall struggle and so did he at times.

He made no All Big Ten teams, and was not even honorable mention this past season.  Was academic All Big Ten and that is it.  

Athletically he is interesting but 3rd round pick, not so sure about that one.  Could be a better safety than corner but will see, that type of versatility is interesting but he has never actually played safety before but that is not a huge deal.  

I'm going to catch some grief about this pick, but I couldn't let him fall any further. His playmaking ability along with Herbie's arm is just too good of a match to let him (potentially) fall into the 5th round when his talent (and our draft board) has him so much higher. Definitely a boom or bust for us.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Keith Taylor is a damn good cover man and reacts better to the football in the air.  St. Juste has shown flashes of good anticipation but this year during the games he seemed a bit slow more than once.  Granted made a few standout plays at the Senior bowl in the game so people might think he had a great season.  He did not have a great year at all, he was far more effective the year before and on a team in need of a solid CB not sure he was that and the secondary overall struggle and so did he at times.

He made no All Big Ten teams, and was not even honorable mention this past season.  Was academic All Big Ten and that is it.  

Athletically he is interesting but 3rd round pick, not so sure about that one.  Could be a better safety than corner but will see, that type of versatility is interesting but he has never actually played safety before but that is not a huge deal.  

Well we already added Gowan earlier along with Verrett and Moseley thats a solid top three. St Juste is way more physical than Taylor who is more in the Gowan/Witherspoon mold where they are tall but not really physical. And when you play Hopkins and Metcalf twice a year you need someone that can go head to head with them physically(i know he doesn't have the speed Metcalf has but at the LOS he has the strength to throw the timing off). The only thing comparable between Taylor and St. Juste is the length. Its like saying Sherman and Witherspoon are comparable when in fact they are totally different players. St. Juste you want to put in press man and let him get his hands on the receiver as quick as possible plus what he showed last year and at the Senior Bowl was pretty damn good.

Just now, carrolljcmc said:

I'm going to catch some grief about this pick, but I couldn't let him fall any further. His playmaking ability along with Herbie's arm is just too good of a match to let him (potentially) fall into the 5th round when his talent (and our draft board) has him so much higher. Definitely a boom or bust for us.

Not from me, if used right he will offer a spark. 

Obviously his size is a concern and be interested to see how many of the other guys took him off their draft boards but I think it is a good pick.

Thoughts on the Giants draft?

Draft Picks

We were able to trade down a few spots in the first round to acquire a late 3rd and 4th.

• 1st Rnd - Pick 15 | Overall: 15 | NYG selects Alijah Vera-Tucker - G
  • 2nd Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 42 | NYG selects Elijah Moore - WR
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 76 | NYG selects Josh Myers - C
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 97 | NYG selects Tyler Shelvin - DT
  • 4th Rnd - Pick 11 | Overall: 117 | NYG selects Michael Carter - RB
  • 4th Rnd - Pick 34 | Overall: 140 | New York Giants
  • 5th Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 155 | New York Giants
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 196 | New York Giants
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 17 | Overall: 201 | New York Giants

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thoughts on the Giants draft?

Draft Picks

We were able to trade down a few spots in the first round to acquire a late 3rd and 4th.

• 1st Rnd - Pick 15 | Overall: 15 | NYG selects Alijah Vera-Tucker - G
  • 2nd Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 42 | NYG selects Elijah Moore - WR
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 76 | NYG selects Josh Myers - C
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 97 | NYG selects Tyler Shelvin - DT
  • 4th Rnd - Pick 11 | Overall: 117 | NYG selects Michael Carter - RB
  • 4th Rnd - Pick 34 | Overall: 140 | New York Giants
  • 5th Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 155 | New York Giants
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 196 | New York Giants
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 17 | Overall: 201 | New York Giants

This is about what I expect to happen in real life, tbh. I could see all these guys on the Giants draft board.