FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Yeah don't recall which site Pete used, but I'm seeing it on several sites.  Just waiting on @EaglesPeteC to authorize the change or for him to correct it.  

Pete neglected it.  He didn't add Patriots' 5th round pick (first compensatory selection of this round) there.

While waiting for Pete to say something you should check out all trades or none regarding 5th round compensatory selections.

In doing the voting system I noticed that the Panthers haven't had a draft pick yet... @BringinDaPain just curious as to why?...Oh I see now...Watson.  Not that Watson isn't worth what you gave up, but with his off the field issues, if that's still a thing, just seems like a lot to give up for a player under investigation.  Reading a total of 22 lawsuits filed against him.  

I haven't been following much of this news and had no idea of the number of lawsuits against him, but it seems like it would really look bad if the NFL gives him a pass for his behavior if true...You'd think the Me Too movement would be having a stroke over this.

Anyway...

I'm no scouting guru...but looking at the votes cast thus far I'm surprised at several of the grades.  Whomever has been casting the "F" grades has effected several, which sucks especially when the census on many of these suggest extreme bias.  I'll see if I can't change the formula to get the median rather than the sum.  If any of you guys have suggestions on how to correct this in a better way, let me know.  Math isn't my strong suit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13qq5rz3FTI2PWNqBAakeZ6qMGDCr9n23uLtVN1pr_HA/edit?ts=603491f7#gid=1862986268

Added a sheet that list out the voting by team.

Aside from the "F" grades, I'm really pleased with the overall grading from you guys.   

Round Draft Selection A B C D F # of Votes Rank Grade
1st 1st Rnd - Pick 15 | Overall: 15 | NYG selects Alijah Vera-Tucker - G 7 6 1 0 2 16 90.0 A-
2nd 2nd Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 42 | NYG selects Elijah Moore - WR 4 4 0 1 0 9 92.2 A-
3rd 3rd Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 76 | NYG selects Josh Myers - C 4 4 1 0 0 9 93.3 A
3rd 3rd Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 97 | NYG selects Tyler Shelvin - DT 2 4 3 0 0 9 88.9 B+

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm no scouting guru...but looking at the votes cast thus far I'm surprised at several of the grades.  Whomever has been casting the "F" grades has effected several, which sucks especially when the census on many of these suggest extreme bias.  I'll see if I can't change the formula to get the median rather than the sum.  If any of you guys have suggestions on how to correct this in a better way, let me know.  Math isn't my strong suit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13qq5rz3FTI2PWNqBAakeZ6qMGDCr9n23uLtVN1pr_HA/edit?ts=603491f7#gid=1862986268

Added a sheet that list out the voting by team.

Aside from the "F" grades, I'm really pleased with the overall grading from you guys.   

Round Draft Selection A B C D F # of Votes Rank Grade
1st 1st Rnd - Pick 15 | Overall: 15 | NYG selects Alijah Vera-Tucker - G 7 6 1 0 2 16 90.0 A-
2nd 2nd Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 42 | NYG selects Elijah Moore - WR 4 4 0 1 0 9 92.2 A-
3rd 3rd Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 76 | NYG selects Josh Myers - C 4 4 1 0 0 9 93.3 A
3rd 3rd Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 97 | NYG selects Tyler Shelvin - DT 2 4 3 0 0 9 88.9 B+

Yeah, I think that's the only "flaw" with the voting system: when open to everyone, anyone can downvote a pick for whatever reason(s), including team bias or spite. It might make a lot of sense to appoint a panel ten or so "voters" that are believed to be knowledgeable and fair.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

As soon as I realized people were grading Trentwannabe as our 3rd round pick instead of Brady Christensen I stopped taking it seriously.

Yeah...agreed if I had seen it prior to setting it up I would have corrected it.  Pete attempting to be funny I guess.  Not sure who all has editing rights.

13 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I think that's the only "flaw" with the voting system: when open to everyone, anyone can downvote a pick for whatever reason(s), including team bias or spite. It might make a lot of sense to appoint a panel ten or so "voters" that are believed to be knowledgeable and fair.

Including emails would help but forcing email collection even if hidden from everyone the number of voters decline.